MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/12/2008 07:38 PM

chemotherapy and radiation

bushalaska

Good Day,

A friend of mine was recently diagnosed with PC which has mastized outside of his prostate. Does anyone know of someone who has had chemotherapy and radiation or a doctor who would work with both treatments?

09/27/2008 02:42 PM
legallyred

Where are you located?

11/25/2008 04:01 PM
Dadsgirl

My dad's cancer has mastized out of his prostate into bones, kidney's,liver.... He did radiation and now is doing chemotherapy through the VA & Provdance hospital AK...

11/26/2008 01:13 AM
mack1243

I am really sorry to hear that. My cancer had also mastized to my brow knees, legs, back and in February I was told I had ony 2 years to live. I believe I have talked to you before. I started on a regiment of wheat grass and Acai berry. Both can be obtained on the internet. If you would like I can help you find the sites you and your father need. Please write me any questions you may have.Smile

11/26/2008 01:55 AM
mack1243

That is not good to hear. Sorry for your recent news. Normally Chemo is the last resort. I used wheat grass and acai berry to (I hope)stop the progression of my prostate cancer as it had spread to my bones. I can't recommend a particular web site as I get my wheat grass locally but can tell you where to look to either grow your own or buy it. Jamba juice sells it but it is too expensive for me. If I can be of more help please ask anything. I know what it like to be in the dark and it's no good. At UCD I gave advise to the staff and other patients for better treatment as I was a advid reader on the internet. The only thing UCD had was beam theraphy. So it was used on everyone with PC. It wasn't always the right treatment but when you are a hammer everything looks like a nail. Sorry for venting. I just want to help in any way I can. Sad

11/26/2008 07:52 PM
Dadsgirl

thanks Mack1243 for your help.... I've talked to my dad about the wheat grass and he said he would talk to his Naturalpath doc about it... ever since finding out about the cancer he's been doing both kind of treatments from the Natural to trenditnal treatments... Every bit helps so thank you again!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved