MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/27/2011 12:04 AM

Why did my doctor put me on birth control

raybaby
raybaby  

When i was about 14 I started having really serious problems with my period It would come on one month and stay of for the next 2 or three months I felt really bad . Then at 17 my doctor put me omn birth control andall i now about that day was my iorn was low. Im really really confused whats wrong with m? I feel bad that i have to tale medication just to be able t havve a period each month. there is also alot of pain when i have my period its so much that i really cant do anything but sleep Sad

06/27/2011 02:16 PM
davesprettylady

Hm. Sometimes people don't have "normal" periods, it doesn't mean that there is necessarily "wrong" with your body. 3-5 days of peoriod every 28 days is a GUILDINE, not the "rule." When I first started getting my period up until the time I was put on B/C my

"average" period came every month and lasted for 12 days. That left only 16 "good" days out of the month, minus the week I have PMS so that left me with 9. So I too take meds so I can have a "proper" period, you're not alone.

06/27/2011 07:23 PM
raybaby
raybaby  

i understand what your saying Its just weird that when i first started at9 it was perfectly normal once amonth and every now and then it would change buutit would never just compleyely dtop thats what im confused about.

06/27/2011 07:55 PM
davesprettylady

Have you lost weight recently? Sometimes if you don't have enough fat content in your body it won't menstruate because it can't afford to support a child so it doesn't bother to menstruate. This is part of the reason why I didn't get my period until fairly late, I was really athletic and tall and skinny so my body needed all the nutrients it could get and couldn't afford to "waste" anthing on menstruating.

06/27/2011 09:09 PM
raybaby
raybaby  

No i havnt lost weight Ive actually gained weight but its like mydoctor did a urine test and just put me on b/c It i just dont understand every thing has been the same with very few changes .

06/27/2011 09:36 PM
davesprettylady

Are you experiencing a more than normal amount of stress at the moment? That can sometimes do it for some people sometimes (not me, mine just gets raging terrible).

06/27/2011 10:36 PM
raybaby
raybaby  

Ya but Ive been having this prblem since i was like 14 years old b4 i was raped and after i had been molested 2 times. After i got put on b/c they helped but a few months went by an i was taking my pill late so i stopped taking it then it did ok for like 3 months then it started again. Sometimes t pains are so bad tat i feel lik im about to drop a baby from dwn there I just want to live a normal life with my period

Post edited by: raybaby, at: 06/27/2011 10:43 PM

Post edited by: raybaby, at: 06/27/2011 11:13 PM

06/28/2011 10:34 AM
davesprettylady

I'm sorry you have suffered so <3. As I said before, I am also unable to have a "normal" life with my period. My cramps are terrible but the extra migraine pain is unbarable (have daily chronic migraine the pain is magnified during my period). I literally cannot function during my period without the aid of medication. I hate taking medicine and having to rely on it, but I hate being incapacitated even more...

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved