MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/12/2011 04:20 PM

My story

Caitlin2009

I've known i had PMDD for a year now, i looked up the symptoms because i felt my PMS symptoms were not normal especially when i would want to break up with my fiance for no reason at all Dizzy Currently im PMDDing so my mood swings are everywhere lately, some months are ok and i can deal with them pretty well, other months i wanna tear peoples heads off!Angry I also knew my period was not normal because my cramps are so bad during my period its hard for me to move or stand up straight, and pain killer barely touches them! lol make matters worse my fiance also has PMDD Wassat Laughing right now im taking the birth control pill Lutera but all that does is lessen my cramps which is nice, but doesnt do anything for my PMDD symptoms, before that i was taking a pill called Apri for a few weeks Blink and that made my PMDD come sooner and made me so pissy all i wanted to do was bite peoples heads off! So are there any pills that are low hormones to help my PMDD?

04/12/2011 09:47 PM
davesprettylady

Hi there, welcome to the group.

I was on ortho-tryciclen, which is one of the low dose hormone pills. I stopped taking it though because I missed one pill and had my period for 28 days straight o_O Worst month of my life. Now I'm on Kariva, it doesn't seem to help as well though.

04/13/2011 03:42 AM
Caitlin2009

O_o damn!!!!

04/13/2011 05:23 AM
Cairine
Cairine  

Hi Caitlin, yip it can be really shit although i aint got PMDD, the rage that I go through every month is unreal and do things totally irrational for me and out of character, its unbelievable, at the moment i aint medicated for it as my GP is a male and don't think that there is such a thing, am seeing a female on the 26th of this month so fingers crossed

04/13/2011 11:10 AM
davesprettylady

Good luck, hopefully you can get some help Smile

04/13/2011 12:16 PM
behindthemask

I am on the same meds as my husband, who is Bipolar Smile - I am taking generic klonopin and generic wellbutrin - anti-depressant and anti-anxiety meds...

They help level me out a bit - I still have rough spots but they are better. And on those REALLY bad days I am allowed to double the Klonopin (anxiety)

Otherwise I go from bawling uncontrollably to wanting to hurt people! Maybe it's very similar to Bipolar rapid cycling...

That's all I know! And warn my family when I feel it coming on, I just want to be left alone like a sick animal - grrr

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved