MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/20/2008 11:43 PM

seroquel

shadowmedic
shadowmedic  

all right guys and gals,

need some help here. is it normal to feel like you are living in a fog for about three hours after waking up in the morning? i suspect it is from a drug i take called seroquel. i also have cottonmouth like you wouldn't believe. Shocked any advice would be much appreciated. respectfully, SM

03/22/2008 08:15 PM
lchayim
abetterday  

What is the seroquel for?

03/22/2008 08:44 PM
shadowmedic
shadowmedic  

it has multiple uses but it was prescribed to me to help reduce nightmares, flashbacks and induce sleep.

03/23/2008 03:23 AM
morningglory/oldglory
glory  
VIP Member

Hey guys top of the mornin to ya. Shadow I take Seroquel. Shrink said it is to help me sleep....and that, it does..lolol ... And baby,,,,,,talk about dry moutth......to say the least...lol course 12 of the 20 other prescriptions I take do too...lolol

Love

Gloria

Post edited by: morningglory/oldglory, at: 03/23/2008 05:25

03/23/2008 05:21 AM
lchayim
abetterday  

Could be because of that, not sure. I know I get up in the morning, have my coffee and breakfast, take my meds and go back to bed. The meds knock me out so I have no choice.

03/23/2008 08:15 AM
shadowmedic
shadowmedic  

i guess i should consider myself fortunate that i only take two meds. lolol. respectfully, SM

12/03/2008 04:43 PM
menmymania
menmymaniaPosts: 241

Glory, the dry mouth thing is pissing me off I'm not always thirsty but it feels like it all the time and well it's just a pain, I think I'm going to have to get lifesavers or something, that probably wont work though because I think my salivary glands died-LOL!

12/04/2008 03:52 PM
trent
trentPosts: 15

seroquel is suposed to reduse the nightmares and flash backs doesnt do a thing for mine I thought that it was just giving to me to ssedate me!Tongue

12/12/2008 09:43 AM
dreamsofinsomnia
dreamsofinsomnia  
VIP Member

it works well for me to get me to sleep

it does not help with my nightmares or night terrors

however there are lots of side effects listed that all of you should look up and see it taking it outweighs the risk

02/04/2009 03:06 AM
chaniliet

I'm supposed to be taking seroquel. However it costing $400 a bottle I stopped taking it a year ago. I took it to help sleeping as I was having issues falling asleep. You know, all those thoughts running through your head. Anyway, It's also an anti psychotic. Cotton mouth-like you wouldn't believe. I always kept a bottle of water close by. Waking up? Took me all day to shake it and by the time I started feeling like it was waning it was time to take another dose.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved