MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/12/2010 07:51 PM

Frustrated...

Nicole914
Nicole914  

Long story short, my PTSD case was a workers comp. suit. It was settled about 2 years ago and about 7 months ago, I realized I had PTSD and decided to get help. My health insurance only covered the first session Ermm I've been paying out of pocket since and it's been a struggle for me. I contacted my lawyer and due to laws, I have to see the Dr. that the old insurance company wants me to see. The same doctor that ended my treatment because the insurance company didn't want to pay anymore. I believe that she has a strong part in my condition as it is today. I went to her today and she did remember me even though it's been 6 years since I've seen her. I had such a high anxiety level even just waiting in the waiting room because of all the bad memories that it brought back. From the moment I sat down I felt like I was being judged. She asked what had been going on to bring me in. I stuttered and told her I didn't know where to begin. It'd been so long since I had been there. In a nasty tone she said well start somewhere and I'll follow. It made me even more uncomfortable. I was trying so hard to keep my anxiety down that I couldn't even talk half the time. I felt like she didn't believe a single word that came out of my mouth. It's so frustrating and disheartening. I found a doctor that is helping me and because I can't afford to pay for it, I'm being forced to see someone else. I will not be going back to the doctor I saw today but I don't want to see another doctor either because I don't want to have to 'restart' my treatment with a new one. My progress is slow with the doctor I'm seeing now but I have to undue 6 years worth of damage. I'm happy and comfortable with who I'm seeing. It's really got me in quite a slump right now. I'm hoping it'll all work out quickly. Has anyone else been through this before? Or atleast have any advice on how to possibly handle this?

Nicole

07/13/2010 10:23 AM
kathie111

Im sorry you are going thru this. I think we need to have a therapist that we can feel some type of comfort with. And it doesnt sound like you feel comfortable with her. The work we do with them is so fuelled with emotion as it is, my opinion is that we need to feel comfortable or as comfortable as we can to be able to open up to them. It is a trust thing. I dont know about you but I found it hard to trust anyone but I would swap therapists when I was not comfortable with them. There was no point me going to see someone I could not feel safe enough with to begin to expose the horror of it all. I wish you luck. Please let us know how it works out.........

luv and hugs................................................

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved