MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/21/2010 04:43 PM

New To This Group

BrokenEagle
BrokenEagle  

I'm sorry but I had to repost this with the correct title. My typing error soundd SO bad!! I'm SO SORRY!!!

Hi, I am still new to MDJ but I have joined other groups, bipolar II, sexual abuse. It was suggested that I join this group as well. I have been abused, physically, sexually, and emotionally. I really like that everyone has been kind and supportive but I guess I'm still trying to figure out how all of this works. I guess I'm still trying to figure out what I need to do to get past everything that has happened. I would much rather PM than post any details so PM me anytime. I will do general post and welcome any advice and friends. I hope this doesn't sound bad, I'm just still unsure of people in general until i get to know them and it's easier to get to know someone one on one.

08/21/2010 05:08 PM
BrokenEagle
BrokenEagle  

I should probably add that I have not been diagnosed with PTSD I was just refered here by someone in another group. I'm not even sure exactly what it is or what the symptoms are but I will not judge anyone or think anyone is crazy. I'm in NO place to judge anyone, I'm the screwed up one. I'm just glad that there are others that might be in the same boat so I'm not alone.

08/21/2010 06:48 PM
HiddenButterfly
HiddenButterfly  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Eagle, you probably do belong here as well. Welcome. There is nothing wrong with being a bit leary of this type of thing atr first. Most of us were. Please feel free to post anytime or pm me anytime.

Brenda

08/21/2010 06:59 PM
BrokenEagle
BrokenEagle  

Thanks HiddenButterfly. I posted some things on other posts and after a while I had to go back and edit them and just delete everything. I couldn't stand the thought of all these people I don't know reading such personal things. I will some general things but I can't bring myself to let people in without knowing them. Once I do know them I will tell you anything you want to know. I'm like this in person too. I always say that I don't like people until I get to know them but i don't want to talk to anyone unless I know them. That makes it really hard to make friends.

08/22/2010 09:49 AM
1magicman
1magicman  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

BrokenEagle. Welcome so glad you joined us. You don't have to have PSTD to be here. There are lost of folks here whom share your pain and trauma. These issues you face everday will take time to feel comfortable to say. There is no rush to say something your not comfortable in others to know. But we will be here for you to lend an ear and a shoulder.

BIG HUGS Scott

08/22/2010 01:22 PM
deputywife103
deputywife103  

Welcome to the group! You can feel at home here, whenever you're ready and not worry about anybody judging you. You'll find a family here if that's what you're looking for, we look out for one another as best we can, so welcome again! You can definitely PM me anytime, I don't mind one bit and I'm like you...I don't like people until I get to know them and you're right, it does make it hard.

08/26/2010 10:26 PM
jessika2hot
jessika2hot  
VIP Member

Welcome to the group!

08/28/2010 04:09 PM
SweeetAngel

BrokenEagle.Hi i am new to the group also i hear ya on sharing stories and stuff right away i am a person who is shy also i just get worried a lot ya feel free add me i like to talk and meet some ppl on here seems alot are offline when i am on so i sen du friend request i hope hear from u soon Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved