MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/17/2010 08:32 PM

Hi...New Here.......(page 3)

BlueLou
BlueLou  

Hi Im New Here.This is New To me ,Ive Got Ptsd,Schizo-Affective,I Take Effexor Xr And Seroquel But Dosent Seem To Help Moodswings Or Suicidal Thoughts..

02/17/2010 11:17 PM
kathie111

Hi BlueLou. Im new to this site also. Ive got PTSD and schizoaffective also. I use to take effexor and have been on seroquel also among many others but I choose not to be on anything these days and practice a very disciplined spiritual walk. I dont suggest that to anyone else. It is nice to meet you. I have found this site to be caring, supportive and informative so I hope that is what you find here...............Welcome........

06/17/2011 10:16 PM
Ninra
Ninra  

Hi. I do not suffer from PTSD but my xSO did/does. I think he is better now but I am sharing here because I am trying to understand more about bipolar and PTSD. My xSO was diagnosed with PTSD. He had been experiencing acid reflux, sleep problems, stress, allergies and it became a vicious cycle. His throat would get tight. He was driving to my house one day before work and his throat closed up so tight he thought he was going to die. He drove straight to the hospital where he landed in ICU fully plugged in to monitors and pumped with atibiotics and monitored for a few days. Just being plugged in having to hear his own heartbeat made him want to run, it didnt help they were pumping him full of steroids to relieve his throat. For the next year he re-experienced these episodes even though he was physically better. He never told any of us. Then one day at his sons birthday party he left unannounced and went home and fell to pieces. He sought a therapist and the doc was well educated and even personally knew PTSD. My xSO does fine now so far as I know. But he is definatley undiagnosed with something else which I believe is a type of Bipolar. But that is another story. Just wanted to share because you all were talking about car panic attacks.

Big HUGS

-Ninra

06/18/2011 05:15 AM
Nevayda

VIP Member

Hi, I haven't been on for awhile but noticed your post this morning. I would suggest looking at the Bi-polar group and asking some questions there. A good doctor should be able to figuer it all out if he would go.

06/18/2011 10:10 AM
1magicman
1magicman  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hello Nevayda good to see you again. Hope you are well and im here if you need me for anything and to remind you as well that the PTSD group is here to give you the up most support we can give.

( Hope To Cope ) Scott

06/18/2011 10:42 AM
Nevayda

VIP Member

I've been doing well this last year as far as the PTSD is concerned. I still have some anxiety when it's time to go to b ed, but sometimes use ativan for that, as well as the imaging that I learned in counseling. I notice that altho I volunteer and attend church again, and am outgoing in those situations, I stay busy at home the rest of the time. It may be a defense mechanism that I've learned along the way, but it works for me. Thanks for the welcome back.

06/18/2011 11:43 AM
debhurts
debhurts  

Hi and welcome back, i am glad you are doing so well , we are here for you, so please feel free to post on any topic you wish, you may be able to help someone else, so try to stay on the group as often as you can and let us know how you are doing , best wishes and keep coming back, much love Debi. blflwrwelcme 9275b79f8ffa737f138c53d295610a1a

06/18/2011 11:54 AM
Gaila

Hi BlueLou, Welcome to the group. I also take Seroquel to help me get to sleep at night and it seems to work for me but everyone is different. I have been at this site for just about 1 year and have found that the folks here are very supportive and understanding, plus they give out very good advice so welcome to the group and keep coming back because it helps to talk about PTSD.

Take care,

Gaila

06/19/2011 06:35 AM
oregonnative
oregonnative  
VIP Member

Hello BlueLou, so glad to meet you and welcome you to the group.

I also took Effexor XR when diagnosed with ptsd and depression. I was fortunate that it was the right one for me, as it was key in my being able to look at my issues without excess emotion and dealing with some of it. Once I got started, it became easier to talk about past traumas without falling apart and regressing.

It was a short term med, as it can flatten the emotions too much over time, but everyone is different to how they respond to any medication, so you might want to ask your dr. about trying a different one, maybe along with anti-anxiety or mood stabelizerfor a time. I take a different antidepressant now,(Citalopram) and it keeps me very stable while not feeling like a robot, thank goodness. Smile

I really does help to talk about PTSD, so hope to see you back. This is a very supportive and caring group and think you'll feel comfortable and safe here.

All the best to you,

Karen

06/20/2011 12:49 PM
Midget53

I'm an Advocate

Hi BlueLou and I too welcome you to the group. It most definitely does help to talk about the PTSD to another person who has the same as they can understand what you are going through. Until I joined MDJ I had no one to talk to about my PTSD since I'm from a small town and there are no support groups around here for PTSD. Unless a person has PTSD they cannot relate to what we go through. Keep on coming back and we hope to talk to you soon. Midget53

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 3 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved