MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/18/2012 08:20 PM

My hands are not my hands

leigha83
leigha83  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Not really sure why I am dissacosiating(sp?) so bad at the moment but when I look down at my hands and try to even type this , it's like it's not really me and these aren't my hands...what gives?!?

I was watching Friends on TV before this so I don't know why I would have had a trigger of any kind. This is so weird and sucky!Blink Blush

05/19/2012 01:42 AM
Shayndel
Shayndel  

Are you ok now? How it stops when it happens? Did you figure out what was in the friends episode that triggered you? When I figure out what triggered me, next time I have more control over it.

It happened with my hands before, usually it is my chest area and sometimes everything, I stop feeling it and I have no concentration, everything goes up, but mentally I still know it is a part of my body.

Post edited by: Shayndel, at: 05/19/2012 01:42 AM

05/19/2012 04:19 PM
leigha83
leigha83  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

No I still don't know what triggered it and that was the worst I have ever been. I barely remember even typing that on here last night. I also had a horrible nightmare last night where I could actually feel the pain, if that makes sense? I was dreaming of laying in bed and all of a sudden these two hands were enclosed around my neck and I could feel the pain and the little bones in my neck start to pop and I screamed for my husband who was sleeping next to me and when I opened my eyes (in my dream) there was a man standing next to us who I knew from high school. I have never even talked to this guy before so I am not sure why he would have shown up in my dream.

This morning when I woke up my throat hurt and I couldn't speak. Almost like I was really being choked. I told my husband about it this morning. He is very concerned about me.

05/20/2012 09:33 AM
Shayndel
Shayndel  

It makes sense...wow just hate those feelings and you had a pretty bad nightmare. Hope you are ok now.

05/20/2012 01:01 PM
leigha83
leigha83  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Yeah I am doing ok. I had my kids birthday party yesterday so it kept my mind off things for a little while.

05/20/2012 02:32 PM
1magicman
1magicman  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Ahhh! Happy Birthday to your son or daughter. It's a must sometimes to find or do something to distract us from feelings that poison the sole.

( Hope To Cope ) Scott

05/21/2012 03:13 PM
leigha83
leigha83  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Yeah I tend to be a workaholic because of it. I never stop moving no matter how hard I try..it can be exhausting at times.

Thanks for the birthday wishes! We are taking him to the zoo in a couple of days so he should be really excited. Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved