MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/16/2012 12:04 PM

new

fallenangelx

I was told to come here because i could talk about the aftermath of be in combat. its not the military that is the problem its learning how to be me again. I dont know how just jet! i could use some help.

04/16/2012 12:33 PM
KittenMittens
KittenMittens  
VIP Member

Welcome to the group. The first thing that I would suggest is to not beat yourself up. This may be the hardest battle that you've ever fought. I am learning, slowly, how to be me again. For the time being though, this is just a different me.

Cheryl

04/16/2012 12:54 PM
lken
lken  
VIP Member

we leave in the programmed believe of a wonderful world we live in, and get evolved in something that is not what we were thought it was. we come back, we are changed, and it is hard to fit in the same believe system. same world we left,but we are different.

04/16/2012 06:26 PM
fallenangelx

Its been very hard, almost impossible! my home this Country has changed alot, its veiws on war or no war, it can be confusing and at the same time it kinda pisses me off! i will try, it is, all i want.

04/16/2012 08:57 PM
VH72
VH72  

Welcome Home Great to have you here you will find a lot of support and a place to vent lots of great people to help

04/17/2012 03:09 AM
lken
lken  
VIP Member

same old world, change is in us

04/17/2012 03:13 AM
Colleenj
Colleenj  
VIP Member

Welcome to the group; I'm glad you found us.

Colleen

04/17/2012 06:25 AM
KittenMittens
KittenMittens  
VIP Member

Iken says it in a few well chosen words. I am more of a run on sentence. Wink

I think that perception has a lot to do with it also, our perception. Many of us are hard-wired to perceive actions as threats first and respond in that frame of mind.

04/17/2012 05:43 PM
1magicman
1magicman  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

fallenangelx: You have not falling because we caught you. We are all in a learning that we all have to go threw. The first thing we must make clear to ourselves is it's not our fault and not to be hard on ourselves. Once you get past that things start to come into the clear and you can deal with them one at at time with better approach. Keep yourself a journal so you can see your self on your progress. Sometimes we can't see what hurts and can't understand untill we see it for ourselves. Welcome to the group. I hope you find this group of the most wounderful people and find it as rewarding as much as i have.

( Hope To Cope ) Scott

04/19/2012 10:06 AM
KittenMittens
KittenMittens  
VIP Member

Jesse, I'm sorry that you felt that you needed to leave MDJ. Hopefully you will be able to take that step of acceptance. There is help available for you and for your brother, Joe.

It was nice to meet the both of you.

Cheryl

Post edited by: KittenMittens, at: 04/19/2012 10:06 AM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved