MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/10/2012 04:52 PM

Hello

riz

Hi I managed to do quite a bit of exposure the other day without to much anxiety. That night I began remembering the day at what I did and began feeling so much fear.

Is the part of ptsd. Can anyone relate?

riz

04/10/2012 05:16 PM
1magicman
1magicman  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Yes it part of PTSD. What i think you are going threw now is that you are starting to learn and starting to heal. That is a good thing. Let it happen and it will get better from here.

( Hope To Cope ) Scott

04/11/2012 05:48 AM
Colleenj
Colleenj  
VIP Member

I'm newly dx'd and don't know much about PTSD yet, but what Scott said made a lot of sense. You will never get through it by ignoring. It has to be brought out to the light of day. That's advice that I need for myself as well.

Colleen

04/11/2012 01:16 PM
riz

Thanx Scott and Colleen for taking the time to reply. Like you said it's got to come up and out. Only way to heal. God this stuff is so frigging frightening.

I think i am just starting to come out of denial. So far my understanding of PTSD is reacting years later to early trauma events. That's the only way i can understand it in simple terms

God Bless all you brave people who are going through this hell. Look for ward to healing

Kind regards

RizSmile

04/11/2012 05:41 PM
1magicman
1magicman  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Oh! absolutly PTSD is frustrating to get to the point where you are face to face with them brick walls. This is where you learn to become strong to knock down these walls of fear. And face another wall of bricks. Take your time, they will fall.

( Hope To Cope ) Scott

04/12/2012 09:40 AM
KittenMittens
KittenMittens  
VIP Member

It truly is one step at a time and the ability to recognize your triggers. Continue with your journal and taking those steps.

Cheryl

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved