MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/07/2011 01:22 PM

PTSD..yep..I got it

Bangbang
Bangbang  
VIP Member

Hi....I am new here..I am a psychiatric Nurse and suffer fron PTSD...do to wok related incidents...I was almost raped there and I am a male. Three inmates attacked me....I was often attacked and have had to fight for my life. I get nightmares and have trouble dealing with stress...It was even hard to come here and discuss my PTSD. I am also Bipolar and a recovering alcoholic..5 years sober.

08/07/2011 01:41 PM
1magicman
1magicman  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hello BangBang welcome to the group. I know it was hard to take this step but you did the right thing to join us here. You are not alone at all here we are good listeners and when you think you are ready to talk we will be here for you. So sorry you are suffering for what you are going through. I was very hard for me to come here as well after being abducted as a child and sexually abused. I welcome you here with open airms.

( Hope To Cope ) Scott

08/07/2011 04:54 PM
Bangbang
Bangbang  
VIP Member

Being abducted and sexually assaulted is a terrible esperience as you know. I ...was a psych nurse and worked with the criminally insane and had inmates that did that. I also worked with serial killers. I now have PTSD from it and retired 11 years ago.

08/07/2011 08:46 PM
1magicman
1magicman  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

BanBang: Have you been seeing a counselor at during any of this time? Eleven years seems a long time to keep it buried inside. I have kept from my family what happen to me for years. And now i feel it was one day to meny. I had to hold on to whom i was to survive. You are still you and not what they wanted you to be.

( Hope To Cope ) Scott

08/08/2011 05:41 AM
Midget53

I'm an Advocate

BangBang: Hi and welcome to the group. You've taken a really good step in joining the PTSD group here on MDJ. We will like to try to help others as much as possible in this group. I don't let the fact that the PTSD is in my life keep from me from talking about what happened and how it has affected my life. I don't blame me and I don't blame the traumatic event that caused the PTSD for changing my life. I blame the PTSD. I too thought I was doing okay as far as the PTSD was involved until I started hallucinating and watching videos of the traumatic event on my computer screen at work. Thankfully, I had the right mind to enter counseling and spent 3 yrs learning about PTSD and how it affects my life and different techniques to help me deal with the PTSD. I really hope you have taken advantage of counseling in order to deal with your PTSD. Just sit back and listen until you want to join in the group or just starting talking right from the beginning. Both is fine with us. Once again welcome to the group. Midget53

08/08/2011 05:51 PM
Bangbang
Bangbang  
VIP Member

I have told few people about the near rape incident...I never told my counselor...we just talked about my alcoholism and being bipolar. However the doc that helped me get my retirement worked with me at the State Hospital and new what I had been through. She left too....could not manage the stress. I hope I can get some help here.

Post edited by: Bangbang, at: 08/08/2011 05:52 PM

08/08/2011 06:34 PM
1magicman
1magicman  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

BangBang: I know it hard to get thing out in the open but you are taking these baby steps each day. Don't stop keep going, keep pressing on to new heights. There is hope around every cornner. All you have to do is reach out and take a hand. Keep you head up and never let it drop.

( Hope To Cope ) Scott

08/09/2011 05:27 AM
Bangbang
Bangbang  
VIP Member

I am actually doing pretty good with th PTSD..but my other issues get in the way.

I have a couple friends tha t are Biploar and my AA sponser is unipolar...he only experiences the highs. They are very supportive and have helped me alot.

08/09/2011 08:12 AM
1magicman
1magicman  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

It's good to have friends in high places. That's great BangBang.

( Hope To Cope ) Scott

08/09/2011 12:54 PM
Gaila

Hello BangBang Welcome to the group. From reading the other postes sounds like you have a great support group whom are dealing with Bipolar. Congratas on being 5 years sober that is a wonderful achievement. You will find that everyone in this group are very caring people and will give you some great advice on how to deal with your PTSD. This group is not judgemental at all so feel free to say anything that comes to mind.

Gaila

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved