MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/01/2011 08:38 PM

New to this group,

countryroadsman

I have been getting treatment for PTSD since 2007.

In 2005, I started getting treatment for depression,

bi-polar, congestive heart failure, and asthma and bronchitis.

In 2009 I had a blood clot in my right calf, which went through my heart and lungs. I now have a greenfield filter, which should catch anything (knock on wood).

I have had PTSD since 1983, I just did not want to admit it until finally I had to. I had been through probably 20 jobs and even more women. In August 2007,

I sought treatment from a psychiatris, which was probably the smartest thing I ever did. Smile

I have been fighting for my SS since 2007. I have told both of my medical doctors and my lawyer that filing was not what I really wanted to do, yet it was the logical thing to do.

Long story short, I am "tired" of the merry go round, so to speak.

04/02/2011 02:02 PM
Midget53

I'm an Advocate

countryroadsman: Hi and welcome to the group. Glad you decided to join us. We are all here to help each other figure out what is going on with them as far as their PTSD is concerned. We also have members in this group who do not have PTSD but come here looking for advice from someone with PTSD on how to deal with their acquaintance who has PTSD. Sit back and listen until you are comfortable to talk and just go ahead and start talking. We're all here to support each other. Once again, welcome to the group. Midget53

04/02/2011 04:34 PM
countryroadsman

Thanks Midget53

04/04/2011 12:26 AM
debhurts
debhurts  

Hi WELCOME to the group, and sometimes we all get weary fighting for what legally is ours, and it's hard to be sick and to fight the system, i understand fully, i did it too. Now being on the other side i am glad i hung in there and now i have my disability. So please just rest and post when you are frustrated we are here to listen and to be your friend, so best wishes to you, love Debi

04/04/2011 12:31 PM
Gaila

Hello countryroadsman: Welcome to the group sorry to read about the fight you are currently having with SS, I can related to your frustion and the feeling to being sick and tried of fighting of what is legally yours, hang in there and please post whenever you are feeling frustrated. We are a great group of people who are going through the samething which you are going through dealing with our PTSD.

Take care,

Gaila

04/04/2011 12:48 PM
leandrat

Everyone seems to have done a wonderful job saying hello I just wanted to pop in say hello and let you know I am here to talk if you need to , I am pretty new to all this as I was just told I have PTSD I am still really unsure if I do or not and what to really do about it but I am here anyway lol

Lee

04/07/2011 01:11 PM
1magicman
1magicman  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

leandrat:

A good place to start is to learn as much about PTSD. A good way is to read books on the subject. You can find some good book online. You can find some at you local book stores and or at your local library. If you have any questions ask away we will do our best to help you in any way we can.

( Hope To Cope ) Scott

04/07/2011 11:15 PM
countryroadsman

Yeah look up PTSD. I didn't realize it, (this trauma happened in 1983), would "creep" ok rage at times into my life, and I didn't know what was going on. In 2007, I finally went to a doc and started treatment. I wish I had ot waited so long.

04/08/2011 06:08 AM
Midget53

I'm an Advocate

leandrat: You can go online and do a search for PTSD and find out all kinds of information about PTSD. I did that first and then went looking for books to read. I've not only found books describing PTSD, but after looking at 1 bookstore website, I found 2 books so far that are directed toward acquaintances of the PTSD victim. I also found another book directed at the spouse of the PTSD victim. Our friends, families, and other acquaintances are victims of PTSD too. I joined MDJ in an effort to find someone who could relate to what the PTSD does to me. Although I come from a large family, I am the only 1 with PTSD. None of them can tell me why I do some of the things I do. They can't tell me why I have been taught breathing exercises and ways to stop the flashbacks. I found MDJ when I was at home and on the computer and decided to google online PTSD support groups. Here I've found people that can relate to what I go through because of the PTSD. So, if any of you need someone to talk to, just remember I'm only a PM away. Midget53

04/08/2011 11:48 PM
debhurts
debhurts  

Hi leandrat, i am still studying about ptsd, and mine started at 2 when i was raped, so it's a really long deep study and there is tons of info like has been said, so i wish you well on your study venture, Debi.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved