MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/09/2008 12:36 PM

Self pity party

justrembering
pirateprincess421  
VIP Member

I read somewhere in this group that self pity is frowned upon. Maybe you can help me then. I feel so sorry for myself. I try really hard to be a real person, but instead I'm just a shell. A miserable person. Misery loves company, so I love being by myself. I almost had a PTSD panic attack yesterday, but was able to stop it before it got too bad.

I feel like I'm sinking into a depression that I can't get away from. I feel so bad. My marriage is miserable, I am miserable. People around are miserable. I am sinking into self pity and need someone to help me get out of it.

Would you guys be able to offer any support?

11/09/2008 12:42 PM
sisters4life

Justremembering, We all go through the self pity phases. I do it often and use my writing, listening to music, and being on here to help pull me out of it. You are right misery loves company and it is so easy to withdraw from the rest of the world and drown in our own thoughts. Surround yourself with things and people you love. Go for a walk. Tell the hubby and others around you what they can do to help you out of this. Write a letter to someone you haven't contacted in a while.

Sadly panic attacks no matter how severe they get can make you feel more depressed for days to come after the initial attack.

What are all the meds you are on right now? Could be meds need to be readjusted as well.

11/09/2008 12:45 PM
justrembering
pirateprincess421  
VIP Member

I am on Lamictal, risperdal, clonzapin, and trazadone.

11/09/2008 02:37 PM
glory
glory  
VIP Member

Hey there just remembering......."Self Pity Parties", are not forbidden here!!! They are just limited!! lololol Hell, if we don't feel sorry for ourselves sometimes....who will???? BUT....you must police that particular indulgence. You pick a time limit, but say, an hour a day. After that you just keep your mind busy with so much else that you don't let yourself sink there until tomorrow, same time same channel.....Rent some movies, read a book, paint the hallway, change all the sheets and remake the beds, take a hike, call a friend, go to the thrift shop and look for bargains, give the dog a bath, fix your hair a funky new way. ANYTHING !!!!!!.OK NOW HERE IS MY SECRET...I DIVULGE IT TO NO ONE BUT WILL SHARE WITH YOU AND ONLY YOU.....(IF YOU ARE NOT JUSTREMEMBERING DO NOT READ THIS PART)... FIND A FREE POGO GAME, HAVE A BUDDY BE YOUR GAME MATE (ONE WHO HAS A COMPUTER) LOLOL. PLAY THE GAME AND TRY TO BEAT EACH OTHER'S SCORE. HELL IF YOU CAN'T FIND ANYONE I WILL DO IT EVEN THOUGH I WILL WHIP YOUR BUTT ALL OVER THE BOARD AS I AM A VERY GOOD GAME PLAYER....LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL JUSTREMEMBERING, YOU ARE A BRIGHT, BEAUTIFUL, PRODUCTIVE WOMAN AND YOU CAN DIG OUT FROM UNDER THE SHIT PILE OF PTSD!!!!!! I HAVE FAITH IN YOU!!!

11/09/2008 03:34 PM
dreamsofinsomnia
dreamsofinsomnia  
VIP Member

sometimes the best thing is just to let you know that we are hear and we are listening and that we have all been there at one time or another

11/09/2008 07:14 PM
sisters4life

Very well said Glory and if you didn't want us others reading that part you should have pm'ed her with it lol

11/09/2008 08:22 PM
glory
glory  
VIP Member

Dang...I knew I should have hidden that part!! lololol

11/09/2008 08:44 PM
sisters4life

LOL. You are a mess Glory

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved