Ask a Question
05/25/2012 05:58 AM

How to Believe in Yourself

DorisAnn
DorisAnn  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

1..Set goals. When you set goals, you have control

2. Recognize when you achieve your goals, so that you will build your confidence.

3Consider reasons you fail. Everyone fails to achieve some goal, but if you learn from the failure, you will be more likely to succeed in the future.

4. Use realistic expectations to judge your success. Do not expect to run a four minute mile, until you have trained and conditioned to run a four minute mile.

5. Listen to critics, but never let them convince you that you are less than you are. Some critics will tear you down to make themselves look bigger and better, while others will offer critical advice to help you make changes to improve yourself.

6. Give your time and energy to others. When you do this, you will get positive feed back and respect from others. These are building blocks for self respect...which is essential to believing in yourself.

7. Don't give up on your dreams, goals or aspirations for you never know how right they truly are until you put them into action.8Believe in yourself and you will do your best.

8. Believing in yourself is the key to success in life.

http://www.wikihow.com/Believe-in-Yourself

Post edited by: DorisAnn, at: 05/25/2012 05:59 AM

05/25/2012 04:21 PM
Rubberman
Rubberman  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I used too set goals and havent lately will start doing them again

Thanks Dee for reminding me.

Hugs

Bobby

05/26/2012 04:44 AM
DorisAnn
DorisAnn  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hi Bobby--

Sometimes, I get off track to, when it comes to setting goals...I read alot and that helps me to get back on force.

Happy the article helped.

Hugs

DeeSideways

05/27/2012 09:33 PM
Rubberman
Rubberman  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Thanks Dee realy helps

Hugs

Bobby

05/30/2012 12:13 PM
lovesBPgf
lovesBPgf  

It's ironic that I tend to be more pessismistic and have a low view of myself, since I am the biggest rah rah person for my kids, friends and family. The goals mentioned above are very excellent. They remind me alot of what I tell my kids, set your sights on something, work hard and don't let anyone keep you from achieving your goals. My three kids are self made perfectionists and have had to learn that you do not always have to be perfect to be successful.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved