MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/01/2011 06:47 AM

New- Looking for Happiness

jeanie394

I just joined this group because I need to be happy and stop all the negative in my life. I have a lot of challenges that I must face day after day even though I do not have any physical problems. I am grateful to be healthy but sometimes feel sorry for myself and wish I could stop blaming myself for ending up miserable.

-Been married 33 years

-Have 3 wonderful grown children, one beautiful granddaughter

-Beautiful house

-Good Health

Although everything sounds good, it really is not.

See my groups and my discussions and diaries. I try to take things one day at a time.

Where do I go from here?

Thank you for listening.

08/01/2011 08:43 AM
oregonnative
oregonnative  
VIP Member

Hi Jeannie and welcome to the group. Smile

You have certainly come to the right place to begin your quest for feeling happier, as we are all either doing the same, or have made much progress and can now give support to others like yourself, by sharing what helped us gain the self esteem and positive outlook which is so vital to our daily wellbeing and happiness. And it matters not whether your challenges are physical or emotional, a challenge is a challenge either way.

I haven't yet read your diary or other group posts, as just now read you intro, but will do so right away.

Again, warmest welcome,

Karen

08/01/2011 09:11 AM
PhilPhil46
PhilPhil46  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi Jeanie,

Welcome! Smile a lot of possitive post and happy thoughts here. Caring optimist group.

This is a place to feel encouraged, uplifted and hopeful.

So nice to met new member!

08/02/2011 04:07 AM
Clarita
Clarita  
VIP Member

Jeannie, Very warm welcome to You to the group Smile!

Echo the words of my excellent coleader Karen as well as the words of the fabulous Phil to You, too!

A challenge is indeed a challenge so if it matters to you then it surely matters to us all here, okay! Do not compare your fine self to others. You are worthy of help, also.

Lean on us all here.

As you open up with us we can support you.

Lean on all the GL's especially , too.We are not medically trained or counselors, yet, we all have big hearts as well as are all good listeners, okay.

Are you seeing a counselor or therapist? Are you seeing any professional to help you with your issues?

Take most excellent care of You.

Go gentle with you.

You have come to the right place here.

Gentle hugs, love ClaritaSilly Smile

08/02/2011 08:57 AM
john645
john645  

Welcome Jeanie. I agree with the others that a challenge is a challenge regardless of what it is. I hope in some way we can help you to start on a road to being happier. I will read posts and diary also and will look forward to getting to know you better.

Gentle hugs, John.

08/03/2011 05:13 AM
jeanie394

Thank you everyone for making me feel special. It really brightened up my day!!!!

08/03/2011 07:42 AM
happycampc

Jeanie, welcome to this group! You have come to the right place, wonderful, caring and supportive people here. Many great articles on how to be positive and how to change that negativity in your life. If you have any questions at all please let me know if I can be of help. Hugs, Ann Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved