MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/25/2012 11:15 AM

No happiness or joy from within

np27
np27  

I have BPD and depression... and they make everyday such a struggle.

I dont really have any friends anymore, only people who act nice to my face.

I am so negative now and sad all the time, I hate everyone around me...but at the same time i need people around me. I have no positivity or love for myself. I need it from other people.

please someone help me. how do i love myself? how do i be happy to be me and not need other people??

thanks

03/25/2012 11:23 AM
yellowroze
yellowroze  

hi np, i too have bpd and depression, along with other things.

one of the things you need to start doing is doing little things that make you smile. things that make you feel calm... for instance, i try to drive by the ponds near my home every day and watch the geese and ducks..even if it's only for a moment. they put a smile on my face. i focus on them as long as i can and try to not think about anything but those beautiful birds.

that's my suggestion. hope it helps.

03/25/2012 02:59 PM
DorisAnn
DorisAnn  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hey Np27---

Sorry, to hear that you are so depressed; I have totally been there before and life is soo much better now...I have a few quesiton for you. (if you don't mind) Have you been to see a therapest? Secondly, are you on any meds? If you are on meds you may need to change them b/c after a while the meds stop working.. Lastly, do u have a dog? If not, I would suggest getting when..I think getting the unconditional love will help you find love....

Wishing you all the best..

Hugs

Dee

03/25/2012 03:19 PM
Clarita
Clarita  
VIP Member

Np27,Echo all the wise words already spoken to You.

Heart feels for you, truly! Whilst your pain is evident, have hope for you as you have reached out to us so this is a good sign in itself. You want happiness - this is a positive in itself. When you say joy from within you could not be more correct- you can only find joy from within You.

Reading a fantastic book right now that you may find beneficial, it is caled, " The Art Of Happiness", by the Dalai Lama and Howard C Cutler. It is a practical handbook as well as talks about the science of happiness.

When you learn to be your own best friend then it matters not if you have no friends as you will not be lonely as you will have inner peace.

You have to know that achieving anything worthwhile which also includes Happiness is never easy, too!

If you look for quick fixes or a magical cure all then you will be disappointed- you have to walk a tough sometimes very steep path plus feel some pain/encounter challenges along the way, yet, if you take the right road you will find authentic happiness.

Lean on us all here, yet, also seek out the hero within You, okay.

(i) Angels bless You(i) may it be so!

Super gentle hugs, love ClaritaSilly Smile

hope clouds 3

03/25/2012 03:36 PM
Clarita
Clarita  
VIP Member

05/20/2013 09:24 AM
np27
np27  

hi everyone,

a year ago i posted that. i was lost and alone. i soon forgot about this site unfortunately.

but now over a year later i find myself. the same person who wrote the original post.

feeling the same sad feelings non stop Sad

my boyfriend left and wants a break. i am so lost and confused.

i am lonely. i dont know what to do.

as well as lexapro and valdoxan i have just started taking beta blockers...

but i still have times where i cannot stop the tears.

05/21/2013 04:14 AM
Clarita
Clarita  
VIP Member

np,Heart goes out to you greatly that you find yourself in the same place as a year ago- really struggling emotionally, truly! Thankful that you have come on here for support though, absolutely!

Lean on us all here, okay.

Are you having any therapy?

Tears can be healing as long as you do not drown in your tears as if you are there you need to seek professional help.

Happiness as well as joy can be experienced with others as well as within relationships yet if you do not love You or accept you then you cannot have authentic happiness or lasting joy- so you need to heal You/learn to be your own best friend as well as love the skin you are in first of all.

Have found some fabulous links for you- hope you find them helpful.

http://www.changeyouchoose.com/how-to-rediscover-your-joy/

http://askthejoydiva.com/

http://theadventurouswriter.com/blog/how-to-stop-being- lonely-–-10-creative-tips-for-loneliness/

http://ezinearticles.com/?Joy-Formula---Keys-to-Living-an- Authentically-Happy-Life&id=2726505

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifehack/9-tips-in-life- that-lead-to-happiness.html

Please feel free to pm me anytime/lean on me- okay!

Sending you super gentle hugs, love Clarita

Rooting massively for You!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved