MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/06/2011 10:54 AM

How to improve self esteem???

theslt
theslt  

Hi all...First time posting here...Today my fiance laid it out for me that I need to get my life together...one of the things I need to work on is feeling good about myself...right now I feel like garbage...I feel powerless and helpless...I don't know where to even begin to change my self image...How have others improved their self esteem? Does anyone do affirmations? Any input is greatly appreciated!!

10/06/2011 01:42 PM
PhilPhil46
PhilPhil46  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi theslt!

Welcome to the group Smile

Wow you have a low image of yourself. Sad Well you found a group that will help you change that negative way of thinking.

I have been there, I was brainwashed to believe I was stupid, dumb, ugly, discusting and that no one would ever love me or want me. I believe that for over 15 yrs. But through my children, I learned what unconditional love was, and began to slowly see the beauty in myself through the eyes of others. I still feel slightly uncomfortable when given a compliment or told something postiive about me, I brush it off, as they just being nice or lying to me. Sad but I am so much more postive and accepting of who I am.

This is a Affirmation, that was given to me by a counselor years ago, I read it when ever I am down, and it brings me back to a possitive place. Smile I hope it will do the same for you! Smile

You are Precious Every way…

Today is a brand new day as you walk in a new way. I want you to know that no matter what you have gone through in life, no matter what you might be going through now. Of all the hurt, pain and disappointments you had in life.

None of those things will ever determine who you are. For you are much more then those things, you are perfect just the way you are. You have a destiny and a purpose in your life.

There is greatness in you always remember that. And don't let anyone or even yourself try to tell you any different. From this day forward walk in the words of affirmation

Speak to yourself and say I have a purpose, I am some body, I am loved, I am cared for. I am beautiful and I am deserving.(Don't just say it, mean it and live it) Smile

You will begin to see yourself like others do and how you truly are. (Don't know who wrote this, but it is powerful)

Beauty is within, it's our hearts and character. It is in the eyes of the beholder, look in the mirror and tell your self I am good, I am smart I am beautiful and I am loved daily. Smile

You Can Do This 250x328

10/06/2011 02:59 PM
Clarita
Clarita  
VIP Member

Hello theslt Smile very warm welcome to You to this dynamic caring support group from all the GL's of myself Clarita, John, Ann, Karen & Doris Smile!

Thought of an acronym for your name theslt- Think Hopefully Everyday Self Loving Thoughts.

Stick around with us- we can help you to better help You. Sure you need to help out you too- learn to be your own best friend- seek out that inner hero within You. Yet, being in this positive environment will be a good tonic too!

Take small steps on this journey of yours to balanced self esteem- improve one step at a time.

Echo Phil's very wise words plus adore the wise words spoken to her.

Positive affirmations like the ones Phil spoke about are very good for your spirit for sure!

Check out this link:-

http://www.vitalaffirmations.com/

Sometimes how we feel is not the truth- for instance- you may feel like garbage yet the opposite is true- You are precious, each person is valuable/created wonderfully unique with a unique purpose!!

Take excellent care of your most fine self- make it so!

Rooting massively for You.

Gentle hugs to you theslt, love ClaritaSilly

October Blessing for theslt- may this happen for you this month!

Tenderness be yours abundantly so

Hope be yours abundandly so

Explore all that is good in You- absolutely may this begin in you

Serendipity be yours abundantly so

Love of angels plus earth angels abundantly anoint You

Tame the negative voices within you- may you try to do this one tiny step at a time, absolutely may this be so as well as may you make it so!

gentle koala hugs

10/06/2011 06:08 PM
theslt
theslt  

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I definitely needed some kind words today. In fact, your kindness made me cry. I have a very hard time accepting any goodness within myself and you both opened my eyes to how I can learn to view myself. The advise about the affirmations were amazing. I can see myself working with my therapist to incorporate them into my daily routine. This forum is truly a special place. I can see myself growing here and hope, once I am able, to return the kindness and help others. Thank you again for your kindness.

10/07/2011 03:28 AM
MsAspiring
MsAspiring  
Group Leader

A big warm welcome to you theslt. Yes, I do affirmations every morning. A first step in improving your self esteem is to figure out what you value in life. I have my top values on index cards hanging in my closet!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved