MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/26/2011 06:17 AM

I'm really worried about my kids school

damselndistress
damselndistressPosts: 17367
VIP Member

Sad we are lucky that my kids go to a great school- well you know how things are changing everywhere due to lack of funds.

My son came home yesterday and told me his art teacher was crying.

He had asked her for string and she had told them when they came back next year none of this would be here.

I am not sure what is going on but it sounds like they are having to cut the art department.

So I called another mom and evidently the school didn't get the votes they needed to build a new elementary.

There are talks about the building being condemned? and possibly having to share time at the middle school.

They said they would have the elementary kids go from 7-2 and the middle school from 2-7.

These are really scary times that we are going through.

I really feel for the teachers trying to work and cope and teach under these circumstances everywhere.

I guess we need to chin up for the kids and try to make the best of it.

I just hope it works out and I feel for teachers, students and school systems everywhere in this crunch.

I hope that everyone gets their needs met as best as possible.

05/26/2011 07:04 AM
Clarita
Clarita  
VIP Member

Damsel- truly hope your kids school will not be challenged by these cuts plus truly hope a private sponsor will come along to help them out, keeping fingers crossed!!

Here in the UK we are having cuts right across the board including in education, too, sure is tough times with all these cut backs!!

Also, keeping all teachers as well as all children in my prayers - on both sides of the ocean, for sure!!

Giant gentle hugs, Love ClaritaSilly

angel purple

05/26/2011 09:00 AM
happycampc

Damsel, it is a difficult things, so many budget costs and fundings have been taken away or just not there. I will keep positive thoughts going that they find the funding or some generous person is willing to help in any way they can. Hugs, Ann

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved