MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/18/2011 02:07 PM

***Update*** 2/18/11

Zuria
Zuria  

Hey Guys and Girls,

Ok so I posted the last update on February 11th. I didn't realize it had been quite so long. I have to tell you Clarita and John that your post on my profile made me smile. I don't do that or talk much anymore. Oh and thank you for the message Clarita. Ok well I guess I'll start with basics.

Sister Clarita and Auntie Natty I miss you both a lot. I miss the encouragement and conversation at the same time between the three of us. John I miss you randomly potting in to say hi or offer wise words. Kiddo I miss you and love much. I hope you're doing great. I'm so proud of you and congratulations on your 6 weeks. I want you to find a way to take pictures of you at Snowcoming and Prom so I can see you. I still have to mail you something we have to find a way to do that as well.

Kimba I realize I haven't gotten to know you very well with my extent absences but I would like to. How have you been and what have you been up to? Debi as well, how did the surgery go and how has the recovery been for you? Also I wanted to say hello and welcome to Blue Yoshi. I love the name and the picture. Props. I'm always here if you need me whether on the board or PM. I'm really close to Cassie (Fallen). I would like to say for the record that Reynaud's isn't a lesser condition especially at your age. I myself suffer from food allergies, migraines, sensory issues (other health issues), and a string of other conditions. Again welcome. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to say hello.

Alright on to the ***Update***

As it stand right now medically:

Monday: Eye Appt.

March: Dentist, Neurologist, PCP

April: Psych, Podiatrist

May: Fasting Lab Work, Endocrinologist, Yearly

None of the above has changed since the last update. However, I still have to discuss with my PCP and Endocrinologist more than likely having heart disease. I still have no electrolytes. They have since determined that my body isn't absorbing them. However, they don't know why. I can drink Power-Aid Zero to get thru the day but by the time I get home it's really bad. I can hardly move. I need help eating, walking, showering, etc. I sleep ALL the time. I'm hardly making it at work but the Power-Aid Zero keeps me going for the 9 hour days and 40 hour weeks. The migraines and headaches are everyday now. I've forgotten what it's like not to have one. I've started having crazy dreams. I don't know if it's the headaches or the no electrolytes. Still on no meds for the bipolar/bipolar tendencies and now I experience mania. However, it's not typical mania at ALL. Although, you all know me I'll keep pushing on until I make it to the doctor or it kills me. Can you die from this? Natty? So yeah I'm walking around lifeless like right now.

As it stands right now personally:

My EX and I have reached some closure. We talked and fought this week on top of the above and well it was a good thing actually. I've realized I can let go of all the anger I had inside. I know that with letting go of the anger will come healing and peace. I know that healing and peace has to come before we can be anything – friends or more. I hope he knows that as well. He has to let go of his anger too. His anger toward himself, work, whatever else so he can heal and have peace. We have to work on ourselves before we can have a friendship and before we can have a relationship. Whether that relationship be together again or with new people. That's just how it is. It is what it is.

As always I will add quotes because I love them. Clarita this first one is for you because I think you will like it.

“Don't get your knickers in a knot. Nothing is solved and it just makes you walk funny.” – Kathryn Carpenter

“What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step. It is always the same step, but you have to take it.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery

“It is the false shame of fools to try to conceal wounds that have not healed.” – Horace

“It is better to sleep on things beforehand than lie awake about them afterwards.” – Baltasar Gracian

“Aspire to a lower level of harm.” – Anonymous

♥ Z/Zuria

02/18/2011 02:56 PM
john645
john645  

Z/Zuria/Zombie, Sorry that you are having to deal with your health issues being so bad and not getting to see PCP until march. I hope he has some idea of how to help. I'll keep you in thoughts and prayers.

OMG, the knotted knickers quote. I can't stop laughing. I keep getting A mental image of us all (know what some look like, have to imagine the others) trying to have a race with our knickers all in a knot. I can't get the image out of my head, my sides are starting to hurt.

I'm glad you updated us Z. Take gentle care of yourself and keep us up to date on how you are.

Big hugs.

02/18/2011 03:01 PM
Natalia5150
Natalia5150  
VIP Member

Dearest Zuria

CAN you die of low electrolytes? Yes absolutely! In our blood electrolytes are ions, Potasium+ Sodium-, Calcium+ are the most commonly used, your heart muscle needs the positive and negative ions moving in and out of the blood vessles, and that is what causes the beating of our heart, the ability of our muscles to move, these ions have so many uses and not having enough of them can lead to death. I am glad you are working towards getting your lytes into balance.

Sweet ZUria, what you are going threough is very diffivult. I AM SO SORRY

love

natty

Post edited by: Natalia5150, at: 02/18/2011 03:06 PM

02/18/2011 05:10 PM
Zuria
Zuria  

John –

Let's not add Zombie to my list of names. I don't like that one. My PCP is a she, and I hope she can help to I just have to make it until March. Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers I appreciate it greatly. I'm glad you liked the knickers quote. I was hoping Clarita would like it too but I don't think she's read it yet. I'm glad you all cared enough that you wanted an update.

Auntie Natty –

Is that why I have chest pains? I mean they always say it's just angina but it hurts bad. Normally I have a really rapid heartbeat but lately it fluctuates a lot. It goes up really high and I can't walk and breathe or down low and it freaks me out.

♥ Z/Zuria

02/18/2011 09:03 PM
john645
john645  

OK I'll drop the zombie. Sorry, I couldn't help my self after the walking around lifeless statement.

Big hugs.

02/18/2011 10:03 PM
mitzigirl
mitzigirl  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Dear Zuria I had been wondering if you were alright since I have not heard from you in our Depression group. Sweety I am glad your hear but so sorry for what you are going through. I do so hope your PCP can get it straightened out. Low potassuim itself can cause heart palpations. I know the answer to that one because I was but in the hospital not to long ago with my potassuim depleted and my heart was having palpatations and chest pains. I am concerned about you. Just know hun your in my heart and thoughts and prayers. Many blessings to you!

02/19/2011 07:01 AM
Natalia5150
Natalia5150  
VIP Member

Low potassium can also lead to pain as can low Oxygen. When you get the angina, start breathing as deeply as you can. Angina is caused by not enough oxygen crossing back and forth between the membranes...if deep breathing doesn't do it not just once or twice but for about 5 minutes, slow and deep, then you need to either take your nitro or if they haven't given you any Nitro you need to be seen.

This is also a secondary stress reaction....it all ties in together.

Please dont play around you are too young to be suffering like this!

Please take care of yourself, my love, please be careful.

Natty

02/19/2011 08:38 AM
Clarita
Clarita  
VIP Member

Sweet Sister Zuria, We all care about You a great deal sweetpea. Your family here are all rooting massively for you- lean on us all please. Just sent You a pm.

Echo the wise words of my co leader Natty( fabulous friend too), so please take note of what she says to you, also.

Your big sister adored the funny quote- just my cup of tea/sense of humour Wink, for sure!

Have high pains right now so have to limit time here for own health sake. Had to have an early night last night too as wanted to have as much sleep as possible so would be feeling okay for the ice skating dance show. Returned home from the matine performance a few moments ago. It was awesome- took my pains down to 5 out of 10 for the first half. Pains started to soar by the second half yet still really enjoyed the show- had great seat too- really close to the action!

Zuria know that this bat girl big sister adores you with her whole being. Just wish could beam up to you to hug you in person, truly!!

Please take most excellent care of You precious one.

Giant extra gentle hugs winging their way to you sweetie, love your friend for always big sister Clarita xooxoooxooxSilly Smile

02/19/2011 09:28 AM
Natalia5150
Natalia5150  
VIP Member

Zuria,

one thing you can do is drink Gatorade, its not too expensive and it does have all the lytes...it comes in liquid form but also powdered, which is cheaper.....please consider this while they are working out whats going on with you.

Now potatoes and oranges and Cantaloupe have high amounts of potassium in them....and potatoes and orange juice are readily available....

let me know if I can help in any way my dear friend! I do love you, like a little sister or niece, and I am worried about you, this isn't normal at all....please take most careful attention to your health and diet.

02/19/2011 12:21 PM
Zuria
Zuria  

John –

It's cool. I know the walking around lifeless is what made you think Zombie.

Viv – Hey, how are you? I'm sorry I haven't been posting on the Depression group or here for that matter as well. Well I've had heart issues since I was 14 so it's been 10 years now. My heart stopped twice in high school because it was beating so fast it stopped. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers Viv I greatly appreciate it. PM me anytime I try to at least get to those if I can't the boards.

Auntie Natty – You know I take care of myself. I am quite often told I am paranoid, too young, etc. about my health and to be quite honest I'm not messed up about telling those people they're full of sh_t. I'm not too young for anything I've been a diabetic for 17 years this year. I'm not new to the “game”. Babies are born every day with horrible illness so why is it so farfetched I may have one. F that! I'm not paranoid either I'm concerned. I'd rather be labeled paranoid and proved wrong than to let it go and die, plain and simple and if a doctor doesn't get that than I don't need them as a doctor. The only person that will be proactive about my health is me. Therefore that's what I will do damnit. This rant isn't at you it's an in general rant. I don't have any Nitro they've never given it to me.

Sister Clarita – I am trying to lean on you. I just I know you all are busy, have your own health concerns, and some in high pain. I don't want to add to that list. It makes me feel bad. Part of it to is that I honestly am so exhausted it's hard for me to function so days to get on here to let you all know. I'll respond to your PM as soon as I'm done writing this promise. I love Auntie Natty. I always note her wise words. In fact I have even brought it up to the doctors before. Oh love that phrase “just my cup of tea”. I'm going to start using that. I meant to tell you my mom's boyfriend his mother was from England so he knows all kinds of neat things about the culture and things they did in their family because of his mom. In some odd way makes me feel closer to you Clarita. I wish there was something I could do take your pain away Clarita but I don't know how. I don't know why it gets so bad or how to help. That's so neat. You're going to an ice skating dance show? I've never even been ice skating. There is a rink here believe it or not open in the winter. I'm kind of scared to go with the Charcot's in my foot it's starting to affect an old injury in m other foot/ankle. I still don't get why you adore me.

Auntie Natty – I can't drink Gatorade because of the sugar. I have been drinking Power-Aid Zero it has the lytes but no sugars so it's not bad for my blood sugars. I've been drinking the orange flavor which I rather like. I can't have oranges and I'm allergic to cantaloupe. I'll let you know Natty you're my go to nurse Auntie Natty. I love you. I'm sorry I made you worry though.

♥ Z/Zuria

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved