MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/17/2011 01:36 PM

Weather

BlueYoshi
BlueYoshi  
VIP Member

The weather where I live has been rotten this year. I swear, it's been like 20 degrees every single day with some mornings being -25 with the wind chill. I hate the cold; it always makes my Raynaud's act up. So, I really can't wait for spring to come.

But today, the weather went from 20 to 50 in one day. And I feel the worst I have in months. What was supposed to help my fibro flare made it worse. Unpredictable weather always makes me depressed too ... and sometimes it causes migraines. It was so bad I couldn't go to my college classes today. How do I get by these drastic weather shifts without getting really depressed?

02/17/2011 01:42 PM
mem9113

I am horribly ill today because our barimetric pressure is about to change drastically from 70 and sunny to rain tomorrow and before the change happens I get very illSmile

02/17/2011 02:35 PM
Natalia5150
Natalia5150  
VIP Member

Awww honey, how I know that pain and I am so very sorry for you!!!!It is horrible, it is a pain that will not let you be comfortable no matter what you do!

I hate it, I know it only too well.....

Take it easy, dont do your crazycleaning thing....dont stress your body.

You know stress makes fibro worse, well weather changes like this are stress too. We had 2 feet of snow over night and this morning. 2 feet!!! It was only supposed to be 4 inches!!!

And it was only in our little area, they did plow the streets, but now it is 4 feet deep in front of our gate, how funny is this!!! Rick said if we decide we need to go somewhere he will get the bobcat out and use it to clear a path and clear the mess in front of the gate. that's too funny!

The only reason they plowed our street is because everywhere else barely got touched by anything snow wise at all....we usually never get plowed until thew storm is 3-4 days old

You know the storm treck is straight atcha so be careful! Be kind to yourself.

hugs

natty

02/17/2011 06:37 PM
BlueYoshi
BlueYoshi  
VIP Member

I took some pain meds and they haven't really helped out much. I didn't do much today but I don't know how much that helped me. I'll try relaxing before bed again to see if it works better this time.

Does anyone know of a place where there aren't a lot of drastic weather shifts? I may move there in a few years if you can convince me. Central NY is far from a consistent weather place. lol

02/17/2011 08:34 PM
happycampc

Hi Blue, I am sorry you are in such a bad flare, the weather sure does play havoc with the fibro. Not sure what to tell you to help you I seem to be in a flare more than not. Not sure of good weather or climates. I am from the top of California and it's up and down, snow, really high heat etc. Hope you feel better soon. Hugs, Ann Smile

02/18/2011 07:59 AM
Clarita
Clarita  
VIP Member

Blue, Weather conditions sure affects us fibromites for sure!! Heart goes out to you big time. It is not a good climate here in UK as there are frequent dramatic shifts in weather plus winters can be really cold- sure is paying havoc with my fibro plus other health conditions right now, too.

Would it not be wonderful to have a place where all fibromites could live where the weather conditions would be perfect for us?!! Love that idea!!

Truly hope you start to feel an improvement soon.

Rooting for you massively.

Hold on tightly. Take excellent care of You.

Gentle hugs, love Clarita Smilexooxoooxoox

02/19/2011 10:06 AM
Natalia5150
Natalia5150  
VIP Member

Weather really does a number on things like Fibro, I am so sorry for you love....But we cant change the weather only....so we have to adapt ourselves to the weather.

Heating pads,

hot water bottles

hot tea ( you'd be surprised how nice a cuppa can be....)

a warm furbaby

quilts afghans lap quilts etc.....learn how to crochete one and keep warm while working on it

aspircreme, analgesic rubs can really help

I think i need a cuppa right now!

02/19/2011 11:43 AM
BlueYoshi
BlueYoshi  
VIP Member

Yesterday the temperature was 50 and sunny. Today it's 10 and we've gotten a foot of snow. All the heating pads, pain meds, and tens machine usage in the world can't really help that shift in weather. Ugh I feel rotten and alone ...

02/20/2011 05:38 PM
Natalia5150
Natalia5150  
VIP Member

awwwww

Blue on blue

Heart ache on Heartache

on back ache on

thigh ache on

head ache on

more headache

on arm ache

whenever the barometer is changing from high to low pressure or low to high we can have problems....those of us who are sensitive can really suffer.

When I first started suffering from headaches brought on by barometric pressure changes I asked questions and complained to doctors and was basically told I was nuts....but now they are admitting this is real and not in our heads....

I am always sorry to learn of yet another fellow sufferer, because it means another person is hurting along with me.

Hang on tight Sweetie, the winters not over yet!!!

hugs and kisses

natty

Post edited by: Natalia5150, at: 02/20/2011 05:46 PM

02/22/2011 01:04 AM
RedGirl

I'm sorry weather changes affect you so much! I do know what you mean. It really isn't nice when you are soooo looking forward to better weather and then it just makes you feel worse. I've been having that going on too with the drastic weather changes. For me, it seems as though any weather change, for the worse or for the better, makes me hurt more. Ah well, that's what I get for living in Illinois.

The only place I can think of with fewer weather changes is in the desert. But only try that if you can handle very very hot weather. It isn't always easy! I lived in the desert for six years (way before fibro) and I truly hated the heat. And don't believe anyone who says -- but it's a dry heat -- when it is 110 degrees it is hot hot hot. I must admit that in my older years (like now) I sometimes wish I'd stayed in the warmer more consistent weather though.

Let's hope our weather settles down and gets nice and warm and sunny and beautiful very very soon!

Big warm soft hugs!

Red / Ruby Red

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved