MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/04/2011 09:55 AM

Dealing with Energy Vampires

Clarita
Clarita  
VIP Member

How Energy Vampires Drain Your Spirit and Soul11 Ways to Protect Yourself From Negative Influences ~Laurie Pawlik-Kienlen

Do you feel exhausted after being with certain people? They may be energy vampires, draining your spirit and soul. Protect yourself from negativity in 11 ways.

Energy vampires drain your spirit and soul by depleting your positive energy. Energy vampires, such as drama queens, leave you feeling drained and listless. These 11 ways to protect yourself from negative energy will help!

After a visit with an energy vampire, you barely have enough energy to watch tv - much pursue your goals or take care of your life. The energy vampire's negative influences consume your positive energy.

How Energy Vampires Drain Your Spirit and Soul

Energy vampires drain positive energy in many ways, such as:

•Intruding on your life, ignoring boundaries and privacy (energy vampires don't think of you).

•Making big deals out of nothing. Energy vampires are often called "drama queens" because they can turn a broken nail into a Shakespearean tragedy.

•Complaining constantly about their partners, jobs, children, bad luck, and illnesses. Energy vampires like to vent.

•Criticizing your hair, appearance, job, children, partner, friends, and pets (energy vampires aren't positive).

•Not taking "no" for an answer. Energy vampires don't consider your needs.

•Being unrelentingly negative. Their negative energy is relentless, and energy vampires drain your positive energy by encouraging you to be negative, too.

•Blaming everyone else for their problems (energy vampires don't take responsibility).

How Energy Vampires Drain Energy

You know you've spent time with an energy vampire when you leave feeling depressed, exhausted, or sad. Energy vampires drain your positive energy for their own use. Energy vampires leave you feeling empty and sluggish – and to compensate or build positive energy you may eat, drink, shop, or sleep for hours afterwards.

But, there are ways to protect yourself from emotional vampires.

Energy Vampires Need Your Positive Energy

Energy vampires come in all shapes and sizes: loud and aggressive, soft-spoken and shy, charming and seductive, pushy and overbearing. Energy vampires have energy leaks that they need to fill. It's up to you to stop energy vampires from draining your positive energy! Often energy vampires don't even realize they're draining your positive energy.

Energy vampires have often suffered some sort of crisis, whether in childhood or adulthood, and they're compensating to get rid of their negative energy. Energy vampires may not be deliberately, maliciously stealing your positive energy -- but they're definitely not contributing to a fantastic relationship.

Energy Vampires may drain positive energy, but you can learn to stop them!

11 Ways to Protect Yourself From Energy Vampires

1.Limit the amount of time you spend with energy vampires. The less time you're together, the less positive energy you'll lose.

2.Learn effective ways to end conversations with energy vampires (eg, I only have ten minutes to talk."Wink

3.Stay calm and detached from energy vampires. Don't let their negative energy consume you.

4.Be honest about your needs (eg, "I need this time to work/read/relax/exercise."Wink

5.Refrain from attempting to rescue them or fix an energy vampire's problems.

6.Practice walking away from energy vampires.; the more you do it, the easier it gets.

7.Limit eye contact with energy vampires.

8.Avoid being in close spaces with energy vampires (elevators, cars, etc). Negative energy is catching.

9.Define and guard your personal space from energy vampires.

10.Tell energy vampires you feel uncomfortable discussing particular people or circumstances.

11.Stand up for yourself and your boundaries! Your time, positive energy, and resources are precious and should be closely guarded from energy vampires.

02/04/2011 12:06 PM
Natalia5150
Natalia5150  
VIP Member

How interesting, I call them energy sappers, but energy vampires works too, however since Our fearless leader is a Batgirl I think I'll pass on using energy vampires as a name for those whose toxicity wears us down.

But whatever we call them, Laurie is 100% right, they wear you down and use you up and when you have nothing more they move on.....they will suck you dry and leave you gasping for air on the street....BEWARE if it takes garlic and Gorgonzola cheese to keep them away, go for it!!!

We wont care until we get smellivision

02/04/2011 02:03 PM
mem8445

my goodness energy vampires!! I call them toxic but energy vampires are the same thing.

I zeroed in on the fact that they blame everyone else for everything.

They claim to be taking responisibility for what happened but it wasn't their fault.....

They claim to be an adult and take a simple post and turn it around to make the person posting look like an idiot.

The whole issue got blown out of the water and had many up in arms against the vampire but they still claim they were right and we were wrong.

So you think ignoring this vampire will make them go away?

We all have been posting around them and not responding to anything they have to say.

They continue to act immature and mean if they don't get their way and have even threaten some and then claim they were joking.NO THEY WERE NOT!!!

Thank You and God Bless

Post edited by: Fidgetgirl, at: 02/04/2011 02:33 PM

02/04/2011 09:30 PM
Kimbaskicks
Kimbaskicks  

If you cut them, do they not bleed? LOL Sorry, couldn't resist!

Thanks for sharing!

{Hugs}

02/05/2011 04:41 AM
Clarita
Clarita  
VIP Member

Am a Fox Bat( fox bats are my favourites of all the bat species- quite cute) so am not a vampire bat anyway so it is okay to call them Energy Vampires Natalia Wink Smile!!

Yet whatever we call them Energy Vampires, Energy Sappers or just Toxic- they all amount to the same sort of person- we need to avoid them with our whole being/s as individuals as well as groups!

Love the wise words shared here by FidgetGirl, wonderful humour of Kimba and also the groovy words from my best friend here Natalia- love you all- each one of you is fantastic!!

Energy Vampires are like the old vinyl records that got stuck in a groove- they keep repeating themselves or their manipulative tricks- not a pleasant sound!

Have come across many Energy Vampires in my life time. Have one in my family yet keep her at a safe distance from me plus hubby helps greatly.

You have to wear the correct armour as well as have the right skills then you can be prepared when they cross your path. Wear your running shoes, too.

Sometimes you need a good friend to help you out, also!

Sometimes not replying to their taunts or negativity is the best possible soloution- silence or even silence with a smile Smile!

Call on your angels, too, as they will help you.

My pleasure to share this fabulous article with you- although these days am better at handling these energy vampires/sappers/toxic individuals still need tips like Laurie's to assist this Fox bat girl. Also, knew it would help you guys too. We are all for one one for all here- look out for each other!!

Gentle hugs to you all, warmest wishes from this fox bat batgirl with a dolphin smile Smile xooxoooxoox

Btw, humour/humor is one of the tools in dealing with energy vampires- a very good shield. Adore this quote, forget the author, ' Humour is like a rubber sword, it makes a point without drawing any blood'!

02/05/2011 07:05 AM
mem8445

Oh I love the quote and may use it today.....yes humour has always been an important and healthy way to handle life sometimes.

I call them Drama Lama's and now have a herd LOL.

They love getting lose and running through my life but now know how to feel the thunder of their hoofs beating a path to my door and bolt it shut.

I have one herd that is locked up so tight you can see the fence shake from their anger as they can't get at me. They use to be my family but just because we share almost the same DNA doesn't mean I have to except their behavior.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved