MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/24/2010 06:27 PM

Help!!!!

davesprettylady

I've been accepted for an clinical psychology internship. I will be spending the weekend with teenaged girls who attend group therapy with one another. I'm supposed to brain storm "therapeutic" activities I can do with them, anything from art projects to games etc. Self-esteem is a HUGE issue with teenage girls. So does anyone here have any ideas what I can do with them to help boost their self esteem?

Thanks a bunch!

05/24/2010 06:38 PM
shaz66
shaz66  

I have a teen daughter suffering from low self esteem, so let me know what you find that works. I know the church youth group does things like have them make animal sounds. I think that more levels the playing field then boost self confidence

05/25/2010 11:21 AM
ApRiLGeTsAngry77

Congradulations on your intern position. I did a little research and found a web site that may be helpful:

http://www.self-esteem-experts.com/self-esteem- activities.html

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

05/26/2010 04:49 AM
Natalia5150
Natalia5150  
VIP Member

Do you have a budget? It might be fun to see how they work together on a jewelry making kit....then they would have something to take home too....http://www.firemountaingems.com/search.asp? skw=bracelet+kits

I have made earrings from these kits and gthey are supper easy....they come in 6 kits at a time for 3.16 The company ships fast and only

When I did adolescent groups on the psych side of the hospital I found girls opened p better too each and me when they had something they could all work on at a time....and they get to take a sweet bracelet home with them.

ask openended questions AND BE YOURSELF they hate phoneys...

love

natty

05/26/2010 07:32 PM
davesprettylady

That site is helpful, I'll bring it up at the meeting.

I'm sure there is a budget, I'm not sure what its being used for. The Psychologist who is running the internship and the weekend was my therapist in high school, and the group "Its a Girl Thing" is the same one I was in (with different people of course). I didn't go on the weekend trips, but we were always doing tye dying and art projects and stuff like that.

Thanks! Any more ideas PLEASE let me know Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved