MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/12/2008 07:52 AM

New to the group

wannabamama
wannabamama  

Smile well im not great with the font or colour stuff so this may look plain. I am a 25 year old woman that has suffered with P.C.O.S the majority of my life. I began to show symptoms at 16. I was just recently diagnosed. Living in a small town i had a hard time finding doctors that could even see past my weight to see there was a more sevier problem. Now that im setteled in a strong relationship and my family is looking to me to begin the next generation I am beginning to realize that it will be an all out war with my body and this syndrome to have my dream job.... "mommy". I would like to start working now on my reproductive problems naturally. I all ready eat all natural foods and exercize now as much as i can. What else can i do? Vitimins? any help is more than welcome. thanks.

~Ris~ me me

09/25/2008 08:41 AM
emma1980
emma1980  

Hi wannabamama,

Your picture is lovely Smile

I 28 & have had PCOS since i was 12/13 (cant remember exactly) My doctor tried telling me it was all down to the weight too, albeit i was alot slimmer then. I think all doctors use this when they cant be bothered to help!

I was looking at a website earlier that had this on there.

It is especially important to include certain vitamins and minerals in your diet when trying to get pregnant. Try to include:

Vitamin C and Antioxidants: these vitamins prevent sperm defects and boost sperm motility. They also reduce stress on your eggs and reproductive organs.

Zinc: zinc deficiencies have been linked with reduced testosterone and semen levels.

Calcium and Vitamin D: A daily, therapeutic dose of these nutrients have been shown to help increase male fertility.

Certain foods and chemicals should be avoided if you are having troubles becoming pregnant. Cut back on:

Alcohol: alcohol can reduce your fertility levels by up to 50%. It can also decrease sperm count and increase the production of abnormal sperm.

Caffeine: caffeine, found in coffee, teas, cola, and chocolate, has been shown to reduce both male and female fertility levels. As little as one cup of coffee a day can cut your chances of conception in half.

Xenoestrogens: xenoestrogens are estrogens found in environmental chemicals and pesticides. Produce and other foods can have high levels of xenoestrogens, which, if ingested, may disturb your balance of hormones. Imbalaced hormones are often the cause of fertility issues.

I know its also about sperm counts & things but thought it might help. If i see anymore i'll pass them on Smile

09/25/2008 10:02 AM
wannabamama
wannabamama  

Thank's soooo much! Personally I know the only problem is me. My husband is mr. fertile mertle! He fathered 3 boy's in his younger wilder days. I'm sue if it comes to having to have him tested he will pass with flying colours.

09/25/2008 11:25 AM
emma1980
emma1980  

LOL Yeah my OH would, he has a kid already too.

I also have endometriosis which also affects my fertility Sad

We're thinking of trying for a baby in the new year. I have the mirena coil at the mo which is the only thing that helped my periods. Now im petrified of having it removed but soooo want a baby Dizzy

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved