MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/03/2011 08:28 AM

Protein leaking from Kidneys

Cairine
Cairine  

Hi all

I have recently (within the last 2 weeks) been told from my GP, that the results of my latest blood and urine tests show that there is protein leakage from my kidneys. I also have high blood pressure and have been prescribed Frusemide 20mg and Lisinopril for this.

Yesterday i got me referral to the Renal Unit of the local Hospital and instructions that they need urine for 24 hours prior to me attending, is this normal? Also can anyone advise me on the next step and what they will possibly ask for? To say i am terrified is an understatement and i was never expecting this, not that anyone ever does.

I would be most grateful to any replies i can get on this.

many thanks and love and hugs to all

xx

04/04/2011 05:54 AM
stucap

Carine-

A 24 hour urine collection is standard for diagnosis of renal dysfunction. A routine urinalysis is just a small snapshot of your "output" and can sometimes trigger some false alarms. The results of the 24 hour test should help your Dr. figure out what is wrong, if anything. That said, after googling a bit, seems like protein leakage can come as a result of a variety of ailments, or could be absolutely nothing! Plus there are many medications out there to treat it. So, I wouldn't worry too much.

stucap

04/04/2011 07:52 AM
Cairine
Cairine  

Thanks ever so much for the fast reply and will let you all know how i get on

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved