MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/12/2011 04:37 PM

Any Pluerisy sufferers out there???

laspoone

I wish more knew of this site. Would love to have people to talk to that are currently Pluerisy sufferers.Sad

02/15/2012 09:50 AM
LupusLife
LupusLife  

I've been dealing with Pluerisy for all my adult life. This site is the only place I've found others who are also dealing with it.

07/15/2013 03:31 AM
longfellow

My first run in with pleurisy was when I was about 7yrs old. In those days it was a tube in your side under your arm and a big glass container. Every time I coughed I would watch all the brown gunge run down the tube and into the big bottle at the side of my bed.

Then I had a life time in between where I was in great shape mainly because I was put in schools out in the countryside where there was tons of fresh air, long walks, cross country runs. Later in life it returned when my lungs were weakened by emphysema.

I don't get it much these days because mainly I can feel it coming on and immeadiately I start taking Clarithromycin 500mg that bangs it on the head before it takes hold. Anyone that suffers long term lung infections should always have spare anti's in the cupboard (and if you can) do more outside exercise in the parks where you can breath in the fresh air. It doesn't take an intelligent person to say that smoking is a no no .

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved