MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/04/2010 10:53 AM

Update -2 weeks post surgery

2timer
2timer  

Hello everybody

I got my pit tumor resection on Feb 17 and wanted to give an update.

It has been 2 weeks and I am doing just fine.. I was on my feet the second day. They took the patches out of my nostril the next day. The first week I was so tired I just slept the whole time. The only thing that is bothering me is the numbness on my left side of my head. The surgeon said it is nothing got to do with the surgery itself. It must be the pins they put on my head to secure my head that must hit a nerve. It is slowly going away but it scared me in the beginning. I had headaches that slowly went away in time. I am on hydro cortison as my body does not produce enough cortisol but I did not get my 2nd post surgery blood test results yet to see if it is elevated. ( I had 3.5 in the hospital after surgery, and arnd 8 the first week, it shld be arnd 18 - 20 to be normal) But I feel much better.

So whoever is facing this surgery, just take a breath and relax. This was my second surgery and this time it was thru my nose. The first time was thru my gumline and it took longer to recover. Now I am home relaxing and taking it easy. No bending, no lifting..

Any questions, I will try to answer them based on my experience..

Best wishes to all of you ..

ASLI

03/05/2010 09:16 AM
JordynsGigi
JordynsGigi  

Hi ASLI

Im sooo happy everything worked out well for you.. and that you're sharing your experience here.

Brenda Smile

03/07/2010 04:57 PM
2timer
2timer  

Thanks Brenda. I just wanted to share my good news and give a little breather to the ones waiting for their surgery. I thank God everyday for my recovery the 2nd time. I just have this numbness on my left side of my head and hopefully it will go away as well..

03/07/2010 05:13 PM
JordynsGigi
JordynsGigi  

Your welcome Asli!

I think youre very brave to have gone through this twice!

Where abouts do you live?

What does your doctors say about the numbness? It must feel very wierd!

Brenda Smile

03/09/2010 09:31 PM
JimKT1

Excellent!

Glad to read that you are on the road to recovery.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved