MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/03/2011 05:53 AM

No surgery required???

Eileen24

Well I have l my results and have no hormonal damage. Therefore no treatment - which is good - right????? But I still have a tumour that burst and it's 10mm - does anyone else think I should still have it removed? I'm confused! I thought that it should be removed!! Any info would be appreciated! Thanks . Eileen x

08/04/2011 08:32 PM
Rhub
Rhub  

Is it causing any symptoms? I was told if it wasn't causing you problems, it did not have to be removed. for my peace of my I would want it removed, but I guess that is not a medical reason.

08/06/2011 08:56 PM
sacredriver

Hi Eileen,

If it isn't pressing on the optic nerve and there are no other issues, it is often left alone and watched carefully. They can watch and see what happens overtime, it may never grow or change and if it does then you can decide what to do. For now, I would wait and see what happens, these are usually very slow growing and slow changing tumors. ANd you are right, it is good news,,so celebrate your news and enjoy it! I am happy for you!

Terry

08/08/2011 11:27 AM
JordynsGigi
JordynsGigi  

That is wonderful news Eileen!!!!

Like Terry said, just make sure its closely monitored with MRIs.

09/14/2011 12:26 AM
Eileen24

Thank you my friends. I suppose you are right. It hadn't damaged any hormone etc and as the doctor put it - I have "dodged more bullets than John Wayne ". The tumour is mildly pressing on the optic nerve but hasn't affected my vision yet. But I am still suffering from headaches every day. Is this a general side effect?

Thank you all for the hood wishes xx eils

09/14/2011 01:47 AM
2bfree

i think it "normal " to have the headaches daily as i also suffer daily with headaches and so do alot of pituitary tumor suffers.good luck with the surgery keep u in my prays

09/14/2011 07:21 AM
Rhub
Rhub  

I also had daily headaches. However, before my surgery, the surgeon told me there was only a 20-40% chance that my headaches would disappear after the surgery. My pt was also pressing on my optic nerve, but I had vision issues. It has only been 2.5 weeks, but we have hope that the headaches will be gone. I have woken up twice without a headache, and that hasn't happened in two years.

Have you talked to a neurosurgeon or just a neurologist?

If you haven't seen a surgeon, you should ask for a referal, for a second opinion. Both my surgeon and neurologist said it was the surgeon that was in the best position to determine if removing the pt will be helpful to you. In my case the fact that it was touching the optic nerve was cause for concern. Even if you don't have vision issues now, they will most likely come, and that is the cause for concern. Everyone has the right to a second opinion, so don't be afraid to askSmile.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved