MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/25/2009 03:11 AM

Hello everyone i'm a newbie!

Iheartshoes
Iheartshoes  

So it's 4a.m. my time and sleep doesn't seem to come easy these days. Lots of stress comes along with having a pit. tum. I used to be so outgoing and full of life, now I have become a chronic hypochondriac with horrible mood swings, chronic stress, and worst of all i feel so helpless. I am looking for someone to tell me that these are symptoms of my pit. tum. and that I am not crazy. Even if i am crazy i would still like to know. I have had tons of lab work done the past couple weeks, now I am just waiting to see if i am going to have to take more meds or if surgery is an option. When I was first diagnosed it came as a huge shock. Worst of all my doctor told me in a voicemail (he's not my doctor anymore) on a friday so when i wanted to call back to ask questions he was gone for the weekend. I assumed his lack of sensitivity meant it was not a big deal, so eventually when i was layed off from work and could not afford my meds or doctor visits anymore i simply ignored it all together thinking it wouldn't be a big deal to put it aside temporarily. Well now I am 24 years old going through menopause, my prolactin levels are off the charts, my growth hormone levels are increasing, and i am at very high risk for osteoporosis. In a nut shell i am a 24 year old women trapped in a 50 year old body, it doesn't show on the outside, but I feel it every day.

04/25/2009 07:57 AM
ajsalomon22
ajsalomon22  

Hi, My name is Jamie, I was diagnosed with a pit tumor last January. My tumor started at 3cm (macroadenoma). I was in complete shock when I was told, My doctor was very insensitive and told me things like i might go blind and I could have a brain hemmorage. I spent 3 months on the couch my depression got so bad that i couldnt even walk around the block,cause I thought I was dying... They started me on Bromocriptine and worked the dosage up to 7.5(that is the highest) about 4months after taking that my tumor has shrunk about 1cm I am still in the macroadenoma range but things are getting better. I used to have terrible headaches they eventually gave me fiorcett and that worked great!! I went months without normal sleep and mood swings Well lets just say its a miracle that my husband is still by my side. When this started my prolactin levels were 1399, It is now 11, They started me on birth control and my cycle has started again and life is just now starting to be normal. I gained 50lbs. and I now go to the gym 4 days a week and an exercise class 3x a week, they weight is starting to go Yea!! Pretty much I just wanted to let you know that I have been through pretty much exactly what yoo mentioned above and that even though the world feels like its about to come crashing down, You are going to be ok You are not crazy, The doctors tried to make me feel that way to but I had to get a little rude and things stared to change and i stsrted getting real answers, The best advice i can give is to make it a point to get out every day and try to not think about it all day long k? Best of luck to you and i hope to hear back from you, Jamie

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved