MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/10/2012 07:40 AM

Personality change

SarahJ

Has anyone else noted a difference in yourself with a non-functioning adenoma? I started noticing changes but significant other didn't. I became more crabby didn't enjoy the same things I used to and became more impatient. Granted I wasn't a saint before but my attitude changed especially toward my husband Sad put quite a strain on our relationship now-to the point that he doesn't want to offer support cause I've disrespected him too much. It hurts and at times I understand but other times I get so angry!!! I'm hoping it's the tumor that's caused the big change....anyone else have these issues?

04/20/2012 03:10 PM
ALynee22

Has your Dr. checked your hormone levels? When I was diagnosed, it was for that exact reason- I had become very irritable and impatient and angry...I fought with depression and slept all the time. I thought I just had a hormone imbalance but it turns out that I have a functioning adenoma but it also caused my estrogen level to decrease which caused many of the mood issues I was having.I don't know much about non-functioning adenomas but it's something worth considering

05/09/2012 08:57 AM
SarahJ

I had the surgery to remove the tumor and have had quite the journey now. My pituitary doesn't want to "wake" up and do it's job with it's hormones so now I've been diagnosed with Diabetes Insipidus, low cortisol levels and hypothyroidism. I'm taking medication to treat all three now but am praying that my pituitary will start working eventually. However, another question that remains is will my estrogen levels be there now or not? When I came home from the hospital I was so relieved and happy I had a good couple of weeks. Now, 3 weeks out I can't go a day without crying!! I don't sleep well at night and feel like I'm depressed. My doctor said I have to wait to check levels for my estrogen until I know that I have my period or not. Needless to say it's a been an emotional rollarcoaster....

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved