MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/03/2011 03:37 PM

Update..it's been awhile

tmr
tmrPosts: 24

Happy 2011 everyone. It has been awhile since i posted. I was diagnosed in March of 2010 with a 7mm Pituitary tumor. I went thru the gamit of tests, saw endocrine docs and nuero docs. Long story short was on Dostinex for 4 mos. they saw no change in the tumor so they let me stop the medicine as I was very naseated on it. I was advised to forget i had the tumor and we would rescan it in a year. That was in July of 2010. Well in October I had severe virtigo, my primary care dr decided to check all my hormone levels and sure enough the prolactin was on the rise again and the cortisol was going lower. We watched till after thanksgiving thenran the tests again and the prolactin was higher than ever. So back ont he meds I went. I thow up often on Dostinex, so it is not fun. I also went for a follow up eye exam and my perifial fields have changed more in the right eye than the left i am being told, so we will see what that brings. I know these types of tumors grow really slow, and are non cancerouse 99% of the time. Still sucks somtimes just having to deal with it. That said I am much more at peace with all of it than I was after the diagnosis was first made. Although I don't post often just being able to read that others are dealing with the same thing helps. Smile

01/03/2011 03:57 PM
westcoastbev

glad you posted..i was just diagnonsed with an 8mm Dec.18 and am looking to talk to someone with the same size...How were you told about your prolactinoma,,,how did you respond? I just started the bromocriptin, so on the begining of the journey..What did they say about the size of your tumor. I'm on a wait and watch to see how the prolactin levels are...I too am more at peace than i was 3 weeks ago...I am going slow to see how all the meds balance out...I really want to get out and go and get my life back, but am going to be more cautious...Got any good tips.

Blessings to you in the New Year.

Bev

01/04/2011 05:21 PM
tmr
tmrPosts: 24

Hi Bev, it has been a roller coaster ride. The Dr.'s all think that my pit tumor is not a prolactinoma because my prolactin level hasn't been that high. The Dostinex is stopping the lactation almost completely but it makes me very naseous(sp?). They measure the hormone regularly and they will repete the scan in earliy summer. I went for a follow up eye visit yesturday and they noticed the my perifial fields have changed...more on the right than the left so I am thining they may reppete the scan sooner. I try to forget that it is even there, that works most of the time. I chose to stop the meds during the holidays so I could enjoy them...now it is back to reality and back to the meds. The Dr.'s tell me we will just watch and monitor till the tumor grows to big to leave alone...they say it may never get any bigger it could just stay the same....I am more relaxed and just try not to over think it. That works for meon most days. Smile I hope 2011 is a happy and healthy one for us both! - Toni

01/05/2011 09:13 AM
JordynsGigi
JordynsGigi  

Hi Toni, welcome back!

Thanks for posting your update, and sharing what youve been through.. although I wish you didnt have to go through all that.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved