MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/09/2010 09:05 AM

Fear of Animal Testing

ocdchild
ocdchildPosts: 89

I'm the biggest animal rights activist in my family. There is just one thing that makes me feel very uncomfortable: animal testing.

No, it isn't the products that scare me, it is actually the images and videos of animal testing that make me feel scared. For that reason, I've been ridiculed for being a "animal-testing phobe" and have been told repeatedly "It's just a cat in a restraint. Get over it."

What is this fear, and how do I tell my friends I'm scared of this atrocious practice known as "vivisection"?

This is just one image I'm afraid of...

05/09/2010 09:07 AM
ocdchild

Please note that the image is real.

05/21/2010 10:04 PM
XtremeTalentBiz
XtremeTalentBiz  

Oh my goodness! Animal testing is truly horrible and it needs to be stopped. How would the humans committing this crime like to be the guinea pigs instead of the actual animals? They wouldn't, so why do it to the poor, helpless, little animals?! Maybe you could form a group of people and start fighting for animal rights.

05/22/2010 08:44 PM
ocdchild

I'm starting a new anti-vivisection club at my school. But since school is almost out, it probably won't be active until the next school year. Wish me luck, everyone! Wink

05/23/2010 08:31 AM
saymelyn
saymelyn  

this is so sad..I can see why you can't take things like that.It makes me scared and want to cry..This is awful..

05/23/2010 12:04 PM
XtremeTalentBiz
XtremeTalentBiz  

I wish you luck! Ya know, you can get your friends together and start standing at main roads with signs. Do whatever it takes to get what you want to get out three.

08/26/2010 01:45 AM
StephEmmy

I'm with you on this one 100% its disgusting and cruel! I feel the same as you, I get so angry and upset with human nature that I almost feel helpless that there is so much cruelty I can do nothing about.

But if you have the same passion as I do for animals (this isn't a phobia,just a huge passion and need to care) then do something constructive to make you feel better with the knowledge that you're making a difference

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved