MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/09/2011 06:13 PM

burning feet must see a foot doctor on Tuesday

bboberg

I cannot use socks on my feet because they are always hot. If I put them in a bucket of cold water, the water gets warm quickly, and ice needs to be applied to the top of my toes for relief. Water temperature at shower time is getting a little dangerous because the water feels normal for not long at all. I think it is only affecting my feet, legs, and back so far, and not my hands, and I hope it never affects my head because that area is very sensitive. My psychologist recommended that I find an online support group to talk to about this. I know I will know more on Tuesday, because see my foot doctor, who can help, and a neurologist, who can help as well. Any stories are welcomed about your experiences with this. Thanks!

Post edited by: bboberg, at: 09/09/2011 06:16 PM

09/15/2011 12:24 PM
Ashleyh613

Do you have a diagnosis as to what is causing your peripherial neuropathy? Like diabetes or a neuromuscular disease.

09/16/2011 05:51 PM
bboberg

Because I have other neurological disorders, but not diabetes or neuromuscular disease, it may have caused this peripherial neuropathy. I have a seizure disorder, and hydrocephalus, with dandy-walker syndrome, but that is all. Now I have been given an oral medicine and topical medicine and soak my feet in ice cold water and air them in my ice cold bedroom without socks on or covering blankets. It does help.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved