MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/01/2011 02:14 PM

penectomy midshaft

mischa1

Hi to all,

i have penile cancer diagnosed and the doctor recommended me to undergo a penectomy in the middle of my penile shaft, so I will loose the glans and tissue behind.

Has anyone an idea if I have a chance to can have penetrative sex after and maintain erection and orgasm.

What kind of feeling is this to have sex without the glans?

08/02/2011 07:43 AM
lightfoot

i had penectomy done in feb this year....i had my penis removed to the point that i now have what resembles a belly button sorry i cant help with your question but for me erections are no longer an option

08/02/2011 10:01 AM
mischa1

Thx, I'm verry sorry to you. I'm from Germany. The Doctors hide back in giving answers to those questions and I don't know why.

I have no idea, how my penis will look after surgery, and their is no other possibility than amputation, because of a deep tumour.

Likely I have to sit down for peeing after the surgery.

Could you reach a point of orgasm?

Thx Michael.

08/02/2011 10:18 AM
mischa1

Do you have phantom sensations since the amputation was done?

08/02/2011 11:37 AM
nsblue
nsblue  

I suppose if you are not having a total penectomy there would be still some erectile tissue remaining, whether you will be able to perform sexual intercourse, I would imagine it would depend on healing etc. So are you having a urethrostomy? If so, you will be able to ejaculate...just will be through the urethra.... between your legs. I would only imagine that "sex" as you know it will be different.

My husband had a total penectomy. He did however "feel" some "hardness" when aroused...at the base of where his penis was... I imagine that there was some erectile tissue remaining to cause this. He was still able to orgasm and ejaculate... Just was different.

Post edited by: nsblue, at: 08/02/2011 11:38 AM

08/02/2011 04:33 PM
mischa1

ok, thx, for me is planned to leave the urethra in the remaining stump, so I can pee and hopefully ejaculate in the front of my body.

Did your husband had to work very hard on getting orgasm in cause of the missing organ?

I can't imagine to have only a short penile stump, how will it look after?

The doctors told me already in most of all the cases the patients always have to sit for urinating, however they have a stump. I feel much panic, that the stump will be too short for intercourse. The doctor couldn't garantuee for any stump length after, maybe there will be only 2-3cm (little more than 1 inch).

Did your husband feel phantom sensations?

My cancer is located between the glans and the shaft directly under the foreskin, which I cant't remove since long time. It is a deep epithelia cancer. I can't imagine all this.

thx Mikel

08/03/2011 03:56 AM
nsblue
nsblue  

All I can say is that everything is different after. Your ability to accept and adapt with what remains will determine how things will be for you.

If you have your prostrate and urethra in tack, orgasm and ejaculate will be possible. The "how" will be determined by many things...

The comments you have made concerning the doctors, saying "they don't say much" or "they can't promise.. if any stump"...would tell me to set no expectations on "how it will be" because you really don't know. I realize this is very hard to take in and the unknown is hard to live with. I would imagine depending on margins and in receiving good ones, is where they will cut. If there isn't much I would imagine a urethostomy would be done...prepare yourself..or bold face ask these questions to the doctors...and make them answer...this is your body.

Best to research what you can so to not only for preparedness but to be able to ask questions needed to the surgeon. I can not see them not knowing their game plan before going in...they have the test results etc. I do not know what the numbers are that your surgeon has done this procedure....having confidence in him helps... and asking questions will help.

If it be any help, I have a website I made on penile cancer...but there is more on total penectomies etc there. I am sorry if I wasn't able to help. Since my husband had a total penectomy, it may be totally different than what you will end up with.

08/08/2011 02:58 AM
sirocco97

mischa,i know its hard to get your head around this.i understand you cant imagine this .either could i.but mate its going to happen,sorry to say it, but your life is about to change FUCKING BIG TIME.however,the options are not that good ,remain untreated and die horribly.or go through the procedure and live.im not an expert,i went through surgery 3 weeks ago,but im still alive ,thats a win.so mate get with the program.your doctor is trying to save your life.he or she will worry about trivial shit like sex and erections ,when you are well enough to worry about them

08/08/2011 03:14 AM
sirocco97

talk to me after your surgery .im only 3 weeks ago .and it sounds similar.if i can help ,i will,dont be scared when you wake up numb from the waist down.it gets better .WISHING YOU THE BEST.love from ROMSEY,VICTORIA AUSTRALIA

08/18/2011 01:34 PM
sneaky01

hi i wish you all the best if you are left with a stump you can have feelings in it. i ended up losing all the penis and still have some feelings ok

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved