MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/24/2011 10:21 AM

The First Anniversary

gardengirl
gardengirl  

Yesterday was my BP daughter's first anniversary -- and of course, she and her husband are still working out the immigration process so they weren't together. They did spend the day together though, by talking on Skype and watching their favorite movies online at the same time. Cheerful

For me, this meant (and will still mean) watching her deal with her emotions and her BP. All things considered, she did pretty well! No mania, no rages -- just needing reassurance that feeling that the day was a let-down was appropriate. Given the situation, I would say YES to that! Your first wedding anniversary shouldn't be spent on two separate continents... so I suggested that they celebrate the day over two days next year, when they are (hopefully) together in Southampton!

Anyone have other ideas? Wink

07/24/2011 12:21 PM
jbsmom
jbsmom  

I wish I knew someone in immigration! Smile

07/24/2011 02:02 PM
owutatangledweb
owutatangledwebPosts: 2771

Maybe a big anniversary party next year too OR a renewal of vows ceremony so they can feel like the beginning together is much better!

07/24/2011 03:45 PM
gardengirl
gardengirl  

That's a good one, Owut! ... and as for the immigration, it costs over $1000 (when you convert it over from British pounds) to simply file the application! So it's a matter of the two of them saving as much as it is planning. Who knows how long it will actually take to get her over there... I just know I worry about her medications.

07/24/2011 08:43 PM
cigarinface
cigarinface  

Gardengirl: Oh Wow! I feel for your daughter. My significant other lives 100 miles away, and that's difficult (and I don't have BP). Tell her how amazingly strong she is. If they can save up to get the money to file for immigration status, maybe they can set a little aside and plan a simple, inexpensive honeymoon for their 2nd anniversary. A weekend at the beach or an overnight at a romantic spot wouldn't cost a lot and would help make up for spending their 1st anniversary apart.

07/25/2011 08:03 AM
gardengirl
gardengirl  

Thanks for the supportive words, cigar! That's a good idea and I'll pass it on to her!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved