MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/11/2010 10:07 AM

Just for fun...needless fun

jbsmom
jbsmom  

CoolI just wanted to start something a little fun...it just kinda popped into my head...so blame the gremlins!

Which character on TV best describes you - either how you act or how you look?Cool

11/11/2010 10:51 AM
clearthinker
clearthinker  

I did not know which character because I do not watch much TV but the test said Monica from friends because I'm a bit OCD when it come to cleaning.

I would also like to know why we picked our avatar name-

I picked clearthinker because I was in such a fog for so many years and sometimes when things are very stressful I go back into that fog. It was not until the death of my son that I started to REALLY figure out what was important and what was crap. My son died at age 13 when a virus attacked his heart. He was playing basket ball and then next day died. I saw things I did not like in my daughters behavior but I though it was because her brother died, it was just the start of her on set adult bipolar. Anyway, one night after taking a bunch of crap from my bipolar in laws and dealing with the death of my son, a light bulb went off and I realized I don't have to take their abuse ever. My mind was as clear as I ever remember. I was raised to obey elders and never talk back. After I got my clearthinking I made positive life changes. I use clearthinker to remind myself to not get back into the fog and not let mean ill people try to ruin me.

I'd love to hear why you picked your name and which character you feel you are.

Thanks JBsmom for starting this interesting thread.

And while we are at it, I want to hear about dream vacations too. Please give us some good visuals. Thank you.

11/11/2010 12:54 PM
jbsmom
jbsmom  

Wow Clearthinker...You are a STRONG woman! That had to be hell for you. Makes our BP problems look so trivial. How long ago did that happen? Lots of hugs! I think clearthinker is a perfect name for you...

As far as who I am most like...Do you all remember the show "Facts of Life"? There was a tomboy on the show that was kind of rough on the outside but had a soft spot deep inside for special things. Her name on the show was Jo and her real name is Nancy Mckeon. Well I have been "accused" of being just like her...more than once and from very different people. Some people say I looked like her except my hair is dirty blonde. Hers is brown. We may have resembled each other a long time ago but I have aged a little...I bet she didn't!

I picked the name JBSMOM because I had no imagination at the time. I really wanted to get on this forum quickly but I couldn't think of a good name. So JB are my son's initials and I'm his mom. Pretty slick, huh? Oh yeah!

11/11/2010 01:31 PM
clearthinker
clearthinker  

Thank you Jbsmom. My son died in 1995. His death is still very over whelming and painful. I'm sure the stress and strain of his death has given my daughter more stress that has added on to her bipolar. Because I understand how short, fragile and unpredictable life is it makes it hard for me to justify anyone acting mean. Like I told my dad, I am not giving any but sure the hell not going to take it either.

I did not watch the Facts of Life but will goggle it to see who the character is. I hope I never have to name shows of the 80s on contests because I did not watch TV back then. I had 2 small babies 11 months apart and at the time an immature husband. I had a double stroller and off we went, lots of parks and feeding the ducks.

I too found this site when I was in a terrible state. I don't know anyone that has an out of control bipolar daughter my daughter's age. Also it's hard to tell friends and family because I did not want them to treat her mean or rude. I'm very careful who I tell anymore. Because she can be so off and on, up and down sweet and nasty people do not understand. And she can be nice to certain people even while manic.

Another visual vacation. A large tree house with views of a beautiful beach. You can watch the wild animals walking around underneath and they have been well fed so they are at peace with one another and playing. Lots of fresh fruit tress all around and gardens of fresh vegetables. Of course there are many good looking men walking around below with only lion cloths on. We watch them swing on vines and climb rope ladders to serve us our organic food and drinks. Then they all have to do a circus show for us. Swinging from vine to vine and singing songs of our choice. Some of them are playing instruments but they make good music plus they double as good massage therapists. There is a wonderful medicine man there too he makes a herb combination that cures and gets rid of all the bipolar and helps our children become successful and at peace inside of their hearts.

The End.

Please share your story!

11/11/2010 06:00 PM
jbsmom
jbsmom  

Okay...let's see...I want to walk into a bar where everyone knows your name...oops just kidding!

This time of year, I would love, absolutely love being in the woods with well worn paths lined with big beautiful trees that almost makes the path look like a tunnel. Yet, you can see patches of blue sky between the branches of the trees that have radiant yellow, red, amber colored leaves that contrast the brilliant blue sky. You can smell the autumn smell of the leaves.

After a long walk in the never ending woods we have a nice cabin retreat. The cabin has nice running water, electricity if we need it but don't need to use it beacause we have a nice fireplace with a perfect burning fire. There is a beautiful pond where we can swim,,and there is no dirt or mud. Swimming is like bathing, it's just that clean. There is a sauna. Oh, and there are absolutely no bugs in this cabin either...and its perfectly clean but rustic.

There are no deadlines, no appointments, no meetings and we don't even need a car. The longer we are there, the less people notice that we are gone so time is not a factor. Time is shut off, so that when we go back to the real world, no one knew that we left.

Then us girls watch all the ckick flicks we want, drink and eat anything we want cuz all we have to do is think about it and it appears. We look and feel the way we want to. There is no depression and absolutely no sickness of any kind.

Oh, AND we have the ability to fly...nothing more to be said about that...that is awesome in itself.

Then, of course, good looking guys. And they do all the things Clearthinker said in her post above...especially the massage part...cuz we had been hiking all day and we need to be rubbed out.

ANd, us girls have our own language that only we understand. The really cute, handsome nit wit guys will only understand or hear the things we want them to hear so no need to talk privately. Then they disappear when we are sick of them (haha).

Everybody excels at some hobby that makes them feel good...like pottery, drawing, painting, cooking, knitting, sewing, writing, whatever and we become famous for our work. We are never bored unless we want to be.

We become the best of friends and we do this every year.

Okay, so this may not sound like a vacation but more of a way of life...but I'm not opposed to it.

11/11/2010 08:22 PM
owutatangledweb
owutatangledwebPosts: 2771

Okay, you I was away awhile because I got exhausted planning your vacations! LOL You ALL have tall orders!!! But I think I'm ready.

Anyway, vacations are another thread. So, as far as avatars go, I've had this name for about ten years. I was going through a difficult time with my husband. Hence "Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive." Sir Walter Scott. At the same time, I was using a play on words because that was about the same time that everyone was learning to use the world wide web and how to navigate it. So, it really had several meanings at the time I created it.

As to T.V. shows, I can't think of one single T.V. character that reminds me of me. When I think of who I remind myself of, the only person that ever comes to my mind is first "my mother"; second, one of my dad's sisters (she's a nun, LOL); and third, my dad (he's BP, LOL). That last one's a scary one!!!

Do I remind you of any T.V. character?

Oh, here's an ode to your fairytale vacation JB where you can fly anytime you like:

11/12/2010 04:31 AM
clearthinker
clearthinker  

owutatangledweb, Such an interesting avatar name for you. And I like that you are out of your tangled web. And I've missed seeing your posts.

Jbsmom- I love your vacation. The flying part sounds like astral projections and we can do that anytime in real time. The hiking would be wonderful through the woods as you described and the no bugs, wow just perfect. I love that the men have a very limited time with us. I really love the hobbies that make us feel good part. What are your hobbies? Thank you for a wonderful relaxing visual that I will fall asleep with. If we use these visuals that bring comfort and peace we can fall asleep better and faster, it's like a meditation. And I will be swimming in that clean pond.

11/12/2010 07:53 AM
jbsmom
jbsmom  

I want to comment on a lot of things but I am at work and can't spend a lot of time right now. I will comment later...too much going on here.

Owut...I think you remind me of Mariska Hargitay (Olivia Benson) on Law and Order Special Crime Unit. Her character is serious, to the point but very compassionate. She's tough as nails too.

She doesn't show her "humorous" side on the show....but I know you have a great sense of humour!Smile

GG-I have to think of somebody you remind me of.

11/12/2010 12:57 PM
jbsmom
jbsmom  

GG- I think you are a cross beyween Sally Field and Terry Garr. How's that for a combination (lol).

Oh, just to be clear...I am working with personalities...not ages! Whew!

11/16/2010 11:02 AM
fairlanelady
fairlanelady  

I wanna go too!!

Okay, let's see.....everyone has told me my entire life that I remind them of Jackie O, of all things. She's not a TV Character, but...yeah. Personality-wise, I'm very much the Elisabeth Shue character in Adventures in Babysitting. "Don't F*** with the BABYSITTER!" Tongue (Although I don't look one bit like her...)

Or...Marisa Tomei in "My Cousin Vinny", without the NY accent. (I don't watch TV, so 20 year old movies are the best you're gonna get out of me...)

Virtual vacation? Somewhere with both a beach and mountains, horseback riding, at least 8 hours of sleep a night, someone to cook healthy, yummy food, a little wine at night, time to do hobbies, and Jon Bon Jovi as my personal cabana boy. Oh, wait. I'd take a rotating cast of live musicians from my favorite bands every night during happy hour. My accomodations will be a giant log cabin with a view of the beach. Ol' Jon Bon can fetch me coffee throughout the day when I'm lounging around doing artwork in the woods, too.

Post edited by: fairlanelady, at: 11/16/2010 11:03 AM

Post edited by: fairlanelady, at: 11/16/2010 11:05 AM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved