MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/22/2012 06:10 AM

I am so afraid for my daughter please someone help

carolinecc
carolinecc  

Hello friends.

This will be long so bear with me..I have been trying to help my daughter for 2 years now overcome whatever changed in her. I personally still think something traumatic happened to her at her firend's house back then ..but she has went from bad to worse..She has been hospitalized 6 times since last october..They let her out and she is fine for 2 days or so and the cycle starts again. The hospital she's been at doesn't really do much for her and they don't have an active program..in fact she learns worse thins there at times. I write her info down, keep watch, talk to her, talk to ehr docs and therapists, take her to therapy, do whatever I can for her, adminsiter her meds, suggest they change something etc..I even go to counseling too..They have switched meds around several times, played with doses and tried tons of different ones. This last time she was formally diagnosed with Bipolar 1 which i knew she had ..but the lithium isn't helping her..in fact she says she's

high" when on it and begs me for more..She actaully has friends who really like and accept her yet she says everyone hates her, now she will hardly bathe(and she smells) It is obvious she wants to shcok me so no matter how close I watch she is back to cutting now too..worse than ever..(and they send her home go figure) she actually cut her self in the hospital worse than she ever has with a plastic fork. They sent her home 2 days later. They had just put her on lithium 4 days earlier. In short my heart is breaking. Almost daily now she has an "attack" and they are so sudden I nearly have a heart attack. She is itnerested in this one boy and if he says one thing she doesn't toally like ro want she goes berserk..big time! She is now calling me terrible names when she does like "you stupid cunt" "dumbass fucking bitch"..and she has never done me that way..She has done her dad that way but not me. The other day she was visiting a friend(becausae she acts good there usually) and I simply asked when I should come pick her up and she started cussing me suddenly..It is killing me..Her arms her a wreck..so now hee therapist has suggexted we take her to a 6 to 9 month facility 3 hrs away one way for me. It is speciafically for girls like her..but of course the paperwork takes times etc..well my daughter is beside herself begging me to jump in the car and drive 3 hrs when they told me they haven't finished going thru her papers etc..She is tearing up stuff, pounding her head, screaming bloody murder, cussing, smoking, cutting and trying to sneak and steal anything she can from my room. She is also trying to bite me now when she goes off and darn near does. I try to talk to her and say I love her and wanna help and she says she doesn't give a fuck..but I am afraid she will cut too deep so i can't ignore this and let her hurt herself any more. But physically it is almost too much for me. I am small. She has gained 25 pounds at least on these meds. She won't go out facility here to stay safe..she says she will fight it..If anyone has any ideas for me I'd appreciate it so much..I am heartbroken and downright afraid of my own little girl..I feel like such a failure..thanks for listening CC

07/22/2012 07:11 AM
gardengirl
gardengirl  

*HUG* You are not a failure and you did nothing to cause this.

You didn't say how old she is, but if they are offering a residential treatment spot, I would make sure you do everything you can to get her in there. From what you've said, it doesn't sound like she is stable at all and needs more help than what she can get in the hospital. If it is a regular hospital (not a psych facility), they are probably limited in what they can do for her. Let us know, and know that you've got people here who understand...

07/22/2012 07:29 AM
jbsmom
jbsmom  

I am sorry you are going through this. If I were in your shoes, I would get someone (big and strong) to help you take your daughter to the facility. I would do it as soon as it is possible. If you are in danger, call your therapist (or whomever gave you the recommendation to the facility) and tell them the matter is urgent. See what they can do for you. If they can't do anything...take her to the ER. If they keep her a few days, those will be the days you can get things done as far as paperwork goes.

I would let SOMEONE know that you need help now.

Please let us know how you are doing. Prayers your way!

07/22/2012 07:37 AM
carolinecc
carolinecc  

She is 13 and it was a psychiatric hospital(5 times) I have told them and they say to take her to where she was and she refuses. She wants to go the new facility and that's all she'll consider..

07/22/2012 07:48 AM
carolinecc
carolinecc  

I just asked her and she admitted her little friend's dad gave them 2 joints. I am shocked!! This is unbelievable..Is this man insane?

07/22/2012 07:49 AM
carolinecc
carolinecc  

also this girl has been visiting back in town this whole week..could the marijuana cause this?

07/22/2012 08:02 AM
gardengirl
gardengirl  

My daughter has never tried marijuana, but she has used alcohol and that WILL change how the medications work. We went through some of this in the past week. And yes, there is something wrong with a man who will give little girls joints!

07/22/2012 08:29 AM
xceldanes

Im so sorry

ALso IF you can get her in some where longer term do it

Mine started all this month before her 13th Bday and shes still unstable shes also still looking for right meds and doses and combos.She was in hospital 2 weeks each within month this time weve had many hospitalizations in past several years.

Im sorry hope it gets better

Lithium has to reach a theraputic level in the blood and it has to be monitored took almost week to get Kaylas dose to correct level in blood.Lithium they need blood checks often for level of lithium and for thyroid checks.

My daughter as of last week has gained 70lbs on all meds past years.

Also is Lithium all they have her on??I no Lithium works well in combination with some other mood stablizers we did Lithium with few others now shes on Lithium with Geodon and several other things

Hope you get her stable soon

07/22/2012 10:49 AM
carolinecc
carolinecc  

she is on lithium, abilify, rameron and effexor

07/22/2012 12:43 PM
angora
angora  

Yes, marjuana can cause all sorts of side effects, so can alcohol. My daughter would testify to that. She had halluciantions and was psycotic as a result of mixing meds with weed and booze. Today is her 7 month sobriety date and she is like a different human being. She does take her meds in spite of the weight gain because with her head clear she now can see the benefits of not mixing meds with other substances.

The man who gave her the weed should be reported today. He's hurting your daghter and probably many other young kids. You owe him nothing. DO NOT be afraid to demand help from anyone who can help you get your daughter into long term treatment ASAP. A 3 hour drive sounds far, but it may be what both of you need, you so you can have some peace of mind and her so she can't just come home easily afte a few days or hours.

Im sending you lots of prayers, hugs and good thoughts. Stay strong. Susan

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved