MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/12/2012 09:08 AM

Daughter in hospital again

jenn123
jenn123  

Well my daughter managed to land herself in the adolescent psyc ward again. She psysically assulted a male staff at her afterschool program. Nice mothers day present huh???

Her pdoc pulled her off her abilify (what they perscribed her last time she was in the hospital) because of weight gain but she didnt replace it with anything....im sorry but id rather have her gain weight then have a psycotic break Dizzy . Hopefully they can get her meds regulated at the hospital.

05/12/2012 03:23 PM
jjsmom

What a ass! Giving your opinion is one thing,being hurtful is another.Has anyone on this site every said anything hurtful to you.Ofcoarse not you just joined.RIGHT! You'd get alot more respect if you would give us your opinion from a childs point of view in the proper way. You are obviously not a parent,and if I had to guess your in your 20's,still living at home,and blaiming your parents for everything thats gone wrong in your life.Find what is making you so mad,parents,meds you didn't want to take and go talk to a therapist.You REALLY NEED TO TALK TO ONE.

Post edited by: jjsmom, at: 05/12/2012 03:26 PM

05/12/2012 03:27 PM
rlt
rlt  

I am hoping there is a group leader here!!! Hello!!! to block the messages from drug free kids.

05/12/2012 03:30 PM
rlt
rlt  

I am sooo sorry you are all going through this... again. Ignore all the negative comments (apparently the person posting this has no idea how resillient we are). Many prayers being sent your way. And yes by the way.. Treat yourself, Happy Mothers Day!!!

05/12/2012 06:36 PM
vansmom

Jen123 - I too am sorry you are going through this again. My heart goes out to you. Just curious, did the pdoc wean her off the Abilify gradually or all at once? We are in a similar situation, that's why I ask.

05/12/2012 07:08 PM
jenn123
jenn123  

thankfully lillipets block the posting b4 i saw them, but again she is just a negitive attn seaker and i feel she should just be ignored. thanks for your prayers for my daughter..yes, she gave her 1/2 dosage for one week and she's been completely off for 1 week..

05/14/2012 06:21 PM
jenn123
jenn123  

they are giving my daughter meds for her blood sugar level and blood pressure that is supposed to help her calm down and hopefully get a little bit more healthy before they try the mood altering meds again. has anybody had to try this with their child???

05/16/2012 07:05 PM
jenn123
jenn123  

Shes been in the hospital since thurs night/fri morn and i havent gone to see her yet. I know I should but I just feel that I have nothing left to say..Unsure .

05/17/2012 02:48 PM
OneScaredMom
OneScaredMom  

I understand where you're coming from.

The second time A was hospitalized, he wouldn't let me be in the room with him (at the ER of the hospital). One nurse kindly put a chair outside of his room for me, but basically, I was just in the way.

The only reason I went (the EMTs suggested I stay at home and call in a few hours) was A started to cry in the ambulance (he's got the emotional maturity of a teenager and all I saw was a scared little boy), so I thought I'd go down there to be with him.

Next time I'm not going to go at all. I will just do my best to find out what's going on and see if his therapist can get in to see him. I still have her on retainer. Even though he won't go to see her, I do, for myself.

My suggestion is to stay in contact with her doctors and if you/they feel you should go see her, then you will. No reason to force yourself to do it if you don't feel it would do you/her any good.

Hope some of this was helpful.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved