MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/05/2010 07:38 PM

pdoc appt. today made me mad.

ae1

Hi Everyone,

I'm sure you've all had your shares of frustrating doctor's appts but today I almost lost it in front of the doctor and I pride myself in maintaining composure.

First of all, I have to sneak out of work every month to get there in time because they won't give us a late appt. and they kept us waiting an hour today. I wouldn't have had to sneak out if they would have given us that time to begin with.

This is the 2nd time that happens.

Next, when I told them that daughter was now officially diagnosed as BPD by the hospital she had been in, the doctor who is in charge of her fellow totally disagreed. He talked in circles for awhile instead of either sending out my 14 y.o. or just speaking plainly in front of her so I don't really know what diagnosis he would give her. He alluded that she is several. I'm totally frustrated.

Finally, they continue to show no regard (no matter how many times I plainly explain how difficult it is to get certain things from teachers at this time of year---I should know---I AM A TEACHER) for anything I say about scheduling of next appt., getting forms from daughter's teachers, etc. Then I got an attitude from them when I said Grandma would bring daughter next time because I could no longer risk my job to sneak out early.

The one good thing is that I have already found a new doctor after a lot of searching but they didn't have any openings until June.

I'm sorry for the vent. It was a rough Monday. I also got an e-mail from one of daughter's teachers with a list compiled from every other teacher about all of her negative behaviors since the hospitalization. It wasn't good. The new medicine is not working. I was really grateful for the feedback but it still made me feel really down.

04/06/2010 07:43 PM
babydntuno

I understand your frustration...Since my daughter has gotten out, she has become more irriating to me. She is opening mail that doesnt belong to her, caught a boy up in the house with her, trying to hang out with the man next door, leaving the house when she is suppose to stay home, and then dont understand why I dont want to talk to her. She leaves her class to say she is going to talk to the principle that is suckered by all of this, and pushes my buttons like no tomorrow. She doctor is leaving for three month vacation, so I think what do I do now!!..I really hate being around her..today she said she was going to stay with a friend for a week or so, lol...but i have to promise not to report her as a runaway, and tech she would not be a run away, because she is telling me ahead of time...she wants my attention, and I just dont know how to give it to her, because she talks about everything she shouldnt be talking about. My head is spinning in circles, and I am so freaking sick of this crap, really trully just sick of it!!!!!

04/07/2010 01:48 PM
lovespurple
lovespurple  

Ae1, so sorry to hear that you are not happy with your daughter's dr, it took us a while to find the right match for her, it will happen for you as well...Babydntuno, not to scare you, but, did you know promiscuity is a trait of someone with BPD? Please be careful with her hanging out with the man next door, or having boys over...

04/07/2010 07:49 PM
babydntuno

Yes, lovespurple..I just dont know what to do...my only opitions for BC was the pill and patch, which the pharmacist said that the meds she is on, will lessen the effectivness...I am really so fed up with all her behavior..had probation classes because of her runaway episode...and she didnt get nothing out of it except I cant draw blood, lol...not, she needs to straighten up, change her choices in life..and then I almost had to pop her mouth in the class for being so disrespectful...I went and spoke with the man next door, and explained I have told her to stay away, and since she can not listen, I asked him to send her home or away..he agreed. He is a nice man, but not for her to hang out with...I wish i could of recorded the class tonight and let everyone listen, so someone could tell me what Im in for. Her dad thinks I am letting her punk me out, because Im not hitting her every time she opens her mouth...I am just trying, and I am trying to find other ways to deal with her, leaving that for last resort...sad I would even had to resort to it. Lovespurple....I know you all understand what I am going through, but sometimes no matter what someone says...you still feel all alone in this!! More bad days than good..now she really has the I dont give a **** attitude and when they have that, what or how do you change that?

04/08/2010 01:19 PM
lovespurple
lovespurple  

Babydntuno, I know you are divorced, so that means, dad doesn't live there, but does he still help out? Instead of him saying that she is punking you, does he offer solutions? Does he offer to keep her with him sometimes, so you can have some peace of mind? 14 is a crazy age for kids, especially girls. They think they know it all, and throw in BPD into the mix, thats a bad combination...you say you feel alone, do you have anyone to help you, like family or close friends? You know you can also PM me, I know this group has helped me work through some issues, & the feeling of knowing, I am not the only one going through this , helps me not to feel so alone...oh, and she will change, what she has the power to change, when she wants to. xo

04/11/2010 11:14 AM
babydntuno

HER FATHER LIVES IN ANOTHER STATE, AND HE CANT HELP HIMSELF, HELP ANOTHER PERSON..HE TELLS HER WHEN I GET MY OWN PLACE, BLAH BLAH THAT IS TWO YEARS OF HIM SAYING THAT. I DONT HAVE ANY FAMILY HERE EXCEPT MY OLDEST DAUGHTER, AND SHE HAS A NEW BABY, BUT HELPS WHEN SHE CAN, BUT MY DAUGHTER HAS ATTACKED HER TOO, AND I WOULD NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO, IF THE BABY GOT HURT IN ONE OF HER RAGES. I HAVE ASSOCIATES I VENT TOO, BUT THEY ARE THOSE THAT THINK THEY CAN RAISE YOUR CHILD, BUT NEVER LIVED WITH A TEEN WITH BP, SO ITS IN ONE EAR OUT THE OTHER, I TALK TO MY MOM, AND SHE FEARS FOR ME, BUT SHE IS OLD SCHOOL, SO IT DOESNT HELP MUCH. I HAVE ONE FRIEND THAT TRIES TO UNDERSTAND IT ALL ,BUT THEY DONT KNOW WHAT IS WHAT, SO THEY JUST LISTEN...AND NO ONE IS HARDLY ON THIS SITE WHEN YOU NEED THE VILLAGE, LOL..GOTTA LAUGH SOMETIMES

04/11/2010 11:44 AM
ae1

Hi y'all,

Babydntuno, my girl is 14 too. It's a mess isn't it?! Mine is sexually alert too. She would be promiscuous but thank God she is delayed in growth (even on HGH and just now in puberty) so boys are not interested in her very much. She has had a couple of boyfriends but never at school so it's been a blessing. She is driving us crazy with inappropriate behavior at school from time to time but no one really pays attention to her so she really just makes a fool out of herself. This morning at church though she totally embarrassed us while alter serving (we're Catholic) when we noticed her boyfriend had his arm around her (he alter served too) while they were sitting in the FRONT ROW as if they were on a date or something. I was dying. My husband and I sopke to them about it afterwards but his grandmother was mortified and didn't know what to say to us and they left. The boy is very probaby ADHD and is homeschooled with a younger brother with Autism so the blessing is that he doesn't thing our daughter is weird at all. He might not even notice it!! Still...

Thanks for the support. We see this doctor one more time (if I can stomach it and then try a new one in June. Again.

04/11/2010 11:53 AM
babydntuno

YEAH MY DAUGHTER TRIES TO BE CENTER OF ATTENTION, BUT NOW SHE JUST HAS A REPUTATION..I DONT ALLOW HER TO HAVE A OPEN BOYFRIEND, WHICH IT DONT STOP HER, AND I AM NOW HEARING ALL THE THINGS SHE TELLS PEOPLE SHE HAS DONE, AND IM JUST SHAKING MY HEAD...LIKE WHY WOULD YOU TELL PEOPLE THAT? SHE LIKES THE ATTENTION...AND DONT SEEM TO CARE IF ITS NEGITIVE ATTENTION, AS LONG AS ITS ATTENTION.

04/16/2010 05:43 PM
ae1

Same with my daughter. I don't know what to do anymore. It really drive my husband and me crazy because we feel like we have given her every opportunity a parent can offer and we also live in a very nice community near the downtown, rich with culture. She has been exposed to everything proper and lots of culture but she loves to act like she comes from an underprivileged background. It's so embarrassing.

04/16/2010 07:33 PM
babydntuno

if I could of only took and sent a picture of what my daughte wore to school yesterday.....i had to take her home and make her change before we went to probation....she looked like one hot mess!!!!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved