MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/16/2012 05:49 PM

back on the roller coaster

sec

oh my goodness!!!!! i really thought we were heading in the right direction. but NO. it seemed like the methadone was working, 5 weeks clean, so she wanted to open a bank account, took her paycheck(i have been managing her money for awhile) and used. i thought i could get her thru this, ican't. it's just too big. she won't go to a hospital, has to wait at least 3 weeks for the halfway house (which she would be booted out of since she's still using "just a little"Wink and she's been looking all over for a rehab that is not hospital based. at this point i don't care what it costs, she has got to go somewhere. "boyfriend" wants her to come live with him at his moms, of course he has no liscense, no job no money so i'm sure they would do just great there. man, this is sooo hard. if anyone knows anywhere in the chicago suburbs that might be good, please pm me. hope you all are having a peaceful night. i'm praying for you all. please God help our kids. love and peace, sharon

03/16/2012 09:03 PM
Measha
Measha  
Group Leader

So sorry,Sharon. I have an idea how you feel. Everytime I think he is doing well, whammmm!! But as others have told me, it is part of the process. Two steps forward, one back. I want him to go to treatment and be done with drugs, but I guess it doesn't work that way. Maybe she has learned something from using again. Hopefully, that it isn't where she wants to be. Stay strong. She's worth it. Pam

03/17/2012 08:00 PM
pattB

Group Leader

Sharon, I know how disappointing it is but I once had a good drug counselor say to me it is all a process and I first remember being upset by that, but she took my daughter in the room with us and ask her "So what do we need to learn to do differently next time?"

It is said an addict will relapse 10-15 times after they get and some sobriety and they make it past all temptation for good. So as much as we hang our hopes on they are done we cannot be for sure... until they are. I think the most important thing is for you to see it as her learning and don't bail her out emotionally but do let her know, you know she can get back. I thought about you all day and held space for some peace and gentle moments. Hugs to you, patti

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved