MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/09/2012 04:06 AM

Blessed...

quinntwo

I want to thank everyone on this sight for all they provide. I feel so blessed to have found all of you and each of you deserves a huge hug for continuing to respond to others, even as you wade through the muck of your child's addiction or your own addiction. You continue to find the strength to post words of understanding and hope, no matter what the day has brought you personally. So, in case no one has told you today, you are all awesome, strong and courageous! I am feeling strangely peaceful at the moment and wish the same for each of you. Hugs, Julie

02/09/2012 09:45 AM
pattB

Group Leader

Stay with the peace Julie...stay with it. It made me smile reading that and i was happy for you. Love, Patti

02/09/2012 11:05 AM
islandcat
islandcat  

Happy for you Julie, enjoy the peace.

02/09/2012 04:09 PM
mehman
mehman  
Group Leader

Same to you Julie..peace is an awesome feeling..one I wish all of us could feel 24/7..hugs to all.

02/09/2012 06:25 PM
pattB

Group Leader

Speaking of peace and 24;7 I have been unable to do anything all week...24/7 I am watching the days go by,but today i snapped out of it woke up thinking of fairies( don't ask me why) but then today these two little girls on the Ellen show were taking about fairies it was the cutest damn thing, they are pop stars 5 and eight, named Sophia Grace and Rosie, it made me the happiest I have been all week, which is good because I get blues around my Birthday thinking of past Birthdays when it was not so good. All holiday landmarks can send trauma related memories, that i then have to decide is not real now, or will happen or may not have happened. I have decided i deserve a good day on my Birthday so it was so cute to see those girls and remember innocence in a child. Plus they were so cute on the show talking about the fairies( although I did not see that part just now, looking to show my husband from Ellen's website ) I did see them singing again. The message I got today was innocence and that our addicts were once sweet and innocent with no purposeful intent to hurt anyone, those are the things I need to remember about my daughter. Plus there was a funny actress singing about a sloth on todays show. Not much to do with addiction but a lot to do with this weeks recovery for myself.

I am so recovering the pain of unfelt trauma, wish I could skip the Birthday as I really do not want a fuss, but I can make it a day for me non the less.

Post edited by: pattB, at: 02/09/2012 06:27 PM

02/09/2012 08:33 PM
Measha
Measha  
Group Leader

Wishing you continued peace, Julie. I, too, have felt at peace lately. My son is getting stronger, and as he grows, so do I. Pam

02/10/2012 02:23 AM
quinntwo

Happy Birthday Patti. I hope you were able to spend the day as you wanted to. Funny thing about peace...it is such a fleeting feeling. I guess we need to enjoy it when it appears. Pam, I am so glad you and your son are feeling stronger. I hope this continues for both of you. I wish continued peace as well. Hoping to feel it again myself soon.

02/10/2012 10:36 AM
pattB

Group Leader

Thank you, it is today. And I need to make the best of it. Love patti

02/10/2012 12:47 PM
pattB

Group Leader

So I am off to feed some deer, my husband is coming home early and we are going to this place in the wilderness where a group of deer eat apples from our hands and mouth, (holing a slice between our teeth they trust us enough to touch noses) there is nothing like nature to widen your senses and make you happy. Thank you for your well wishes. I will read Pm's later. Patti

02/10/2012 08:09 PM
Measha
Measha  
Group Leader

Happy Birthday, Patti. Thank you for all that you do! Pam

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved