MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/06/2012 12:42 PM

a New Year

islandcat
islandcat  

I hope everyone has come through Xmas and the New Year basically in one piece. I hope we are all regrouping and working on ourselves to be strong through 2012. My Xmas and New Years were very quiet, my son came for both, ate lots and then proceeded to sleep Xmas day and New Years day, all day. Dont know what was up with that. He has lost a lot of weight and looks awful. His new living situation is not going to work out, his one roommate who supposedly is an addiction counsellor is drinking and found out he spent 12 years in jail. The other roommate is drinking and doing who knows what. Imagine my son is doing something as well. They all came around for money, nice. Not hearing much from him so dread the calls if the next one is he has to move, tough luck. His Dad is not happy about his living situation and has not been in contact with any of our kids over the holidays so Mike has burned that bridge. Im beginning to think the answer is for me to move, far away. A monastery is starting to sound good preferably on a tropical island. Heres to a year of good changes, hugs to all Lynda

01/06/2012 01:08 PM
greeneyemommy

.. My son said so many of his NA friends relapsed ...... & all they told them is start over today ........ But on a good note ..My sons friend has been clean for 2 years relapsed for about a month ..He is back in recovery ..so there is hope for all our kids .. My son felt the need around the Holidays to go to out patient & 2 meetings a day ..... if thats what kept him clean .. yea!!!!!!! so if any one of your kids relapsed .. tell them to start over .. its ok.......

Post edited by: greeneyemommy, at: 01/06/2012 01:09 PM

01/06/2012 01:50 PM
islandcat
islandcat  

Your son is so dedicated Trish, he really knows what to do, that is so great. I really believe not many, if any, can really do it without some kind of support. That is where my son went wrong.

01/06/2012 03:49 PM
Bangbang
Bangbang  
VIP Member

I know my daughter is still alive and not on the streets. I see her on facebook but we do not talk.

01/06/2012 04:05 PM
islandcat
islandcat  

I am very sorry you and your daughter dont speak. It was not too long ago when I was checking on my son through facebook as well. Hugs to you and all the best in the new year. Lynda

01/06/2012 06:46 PM
kalmike

Bangbang - I am glad to hear that you know your daughter is okay and not on the streets.

At least you do not have to wonder anymore.

Kathy

01/06/2012 07:39 PM
loli

OMG! your idea about moving to a monastery in a tropical island sound so tempting....lol...isn't sad sometimes we have that urge to just escape & forget about everything going on in our lives...

01/07/2012 05:11 AM
mehman
mehman  
Group Leader

Lynda I am so sorry that you son is doing so poorly and that the holidays were not better than they were with regards to him. Relapse is for sure a part of addiction and it doesn't even matter that they spend time in prison..even though they don't want to go back they can still do things that they are not suppose to do when on probation. My son will be attending his first NA meeting tonight and that is by his choice and not forced...this week has been a really good week for him with his goal to finish school and get a job away from here. His mood has been more positive and he says he is staying clean for himself first and family next and as we know it has to be for themselves...I pray for all of the families on here and please pray for mine..love you ladies..much hugs and continue to have much hope for all to get clean and stay clean.

01/07/2012 10:30 AM
greeneyemommy

Lyndia ..my son has alot of support .. they cant do it alone ... my son is going to out patient rehab & goes to Na meetings every day ..The meetings are what helps him ...... he has so much support .. and his sponsor also ...... once an addict reaches there rock they will want the help & believe in the program ......The only thing that i can tell all you mothers are that they need after care once they are truly clean ..They cant nip at a drug or drink for the high ..they have to be truly clean ..& I had to step back .. Im seeing a therapist ,That is truly helping me heal .......& i so agree with Mehman .. relapse is part of addiction ...... & my son truly believes that ..once getting off all his drugs .......

Post edited by: greeneyemommy, at: 01/07/2012 01:33 PM

Post edited by: greeneyemommy, at: 01/07/2012 01:34 PM

01/07/2012 05:57 PM
islandcat
islandcat  

I really knew that all along Trish but I couldnt make him go, that is why part of me would not accept that he really was clean. I do believe he stayed away from drugs for a couple of months but knew it was only a matter of time. But that is the only time in what 4 years that I have ever seen him not on anything so I had to accept that in his own way he was trying. Now he needs to try again and I know that wont happen until life doesnt go the way he wants. This time I believe he will truly be homeless I only hope he makes it till Spring when it is warmer.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved