MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/09/2011 11:23 AM

Another overdose.(page 5)

pattB

Group Leader

McDonalds does have to go. Good idea he could be hidden under, How does the song go.. I forget, No here it is" Two all beef patties, special sauce lettuce cheese onion pickle on a sesame seed bun" Waldo can be any where in that picture! ( did pickle go before onion?) What about household chemicals i am a Lysol stock holder. Lol Patti Special note see that song was how long ago? I also remember "My baloney has a special.........

01/09/2011 03:44 PM
b333541
b333541  

islandcat: I am "addicted" to the McD's iced coffee, no whip, just sf vanilla iced coffee! That's the only pleasure I allow myself. I don't need to go to OA next, thanks Wink No offense to anyone on here who does go to OA, though.

01/09/2011 03:47 PM
b333541
b333541  

babies1. Good post. Couldn't have said it better, myself. So, I didn't Smile!

01/09/2011 06:12 PM
islandcat
islandcat  

Whats OA?

01/09/2011 07:30 PM
pattB

Group Leader

Overeaters.

01/09/2011 07:43 PM
teetime4u
teetime4u  
I'm an Advocate

I am glad Kat asked I didn't know either! Does a frito addiction count?? I have to have fritos daily or I go into ddts!!!LOL!! Seriously!!Smile

01/09/2011 08:29 PM
broadcreek

Patti

The onions come before the pickles. I worked in a MCD's when my son was in first grade and ended up being a manager for 6 years. I know the food is fatty and bad for all of us, but I have to say it was my favorite job.

01/09/2011 08:36 PM
broadcreek

I know we hear a lot about Autism now, but somebody told me it was because the definition of Autism now includes a lot of maladies-that it never did before. Some times people will use the term "it is a form of Autism". So maybe that is why we hear so much more today.

My father use to say to me that there were always evil people and psychopaths in the world, but now we have all the journalists and tv news to tell us about them.

So what was one time hidden is now glorified and repeated numerous times in many media areas.

When I tell people that, some say they think it is better to be informed by the media, instead of hidden.

I don't know, is it a good thing to know every little detail of someone's tragedy or not?

01/09/2011 08:47 PM
teetime4u
teetime4u  
I'm an Advocate

I know with me I rarely watch the news.it is a good thing that it exists but a lot of the media glorify what has happened. The fact that a reporter can talk about the slaying of an entire family with a smug look on their face, then you listen to 2 hours of an expert panel debating the who what when and where's, Just makes me sick. That is a lot of what is wrong with the world today so many reasons but never a solution.

01/09/2011 11:49 PM
pattB

Group Leader

I wish i did not today, i was glued to it in 9-11 and now I am so saddened about AZ. today. Some day i will share a dream i had a few nights ago. Anyway i am heart broken over the nine year old. And then the interview with the family. My worst nightmare, the nightmare i do not wish for any of you, God please keep everyone on this site safe and let us never have to deal with that kind of loss.

I think it is not good for POA to watch Intervention (although I do) Dr. Drew, or anything that triggers our already fear mass core base. A special prayer for those with sick children. In this i pray Amen

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 5 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved