MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/19/2011 09:52 AM

How are you today??(page 3)

ASO1979able
ASO1979able  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Zin, I'm sorry to hear that you are in pain from your knee and ankle, I hope that you can get some relief soon. It can be very frustrating when it seems like everyone wants something from you, hang in there! Don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it, that was a hard thing for me to learn to do. I hope the meds get back to the right level soon.

07/19/2011 10:15 AM
Dit
Dit  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Zin i too hope you feel better and ask for help people do want to help i'm sure.

My day started off well, i felt energized, but for some reason i lost all energy, i feel lethargic and don't want to do anything. I'm starting to do self-negative talk and i know this is not good, i'm tempted to just go back to bed, rest, its also a form of escape for me to go to bed, i went back to bed earlier so i've done enough sleeping. I'll just hang in there, i'm just coming off a depression so maybe there's a low i'm in and its still lingering, idk.

I'm going to try to think positive and 'accept' that i'm low right now, i know my mood can change and i do have hope.

07/20/2011 01:12 AM
Zin

Awesome! Keep on that hope! Don't let it go!

I had a rough day today. I guess I'm hypomanic...at least from the dictionary definition, I'm was so easy to set off into a fury today. My stepdaughter keeps leaving my grandson with me while she finds things to do. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't a half-ass job (sorry for the language) that she does. He's getting more disobedient, and then he's trying to be cute, too. I have found myself furious with him. He's most likely autistic, doesn't talk, and I know he's a toddler. So, if I have to pop him, I make sure it's just with my fingertips, because I'm so furious!!! I don't want to actually hurt him, so I'm being easier than usual.

She gives him pears for dessert...he loves them. So, of course, he gets sticky. She just wipes his mouth with a wet wipe and only half-a** washes his hands, so the sticky collects dirt. She will let him go for a couple of days with the dirt on his hands, between his fingers, down his arm, on his neck, chest, and legs, if I don't wash him or say something. And the last two days, it's just set me off into a fury. My husband finally said something to her about him being a dirty boy, and she got upset and took him and gave him a bath right then. She is leaving blister packs of pills in places he always goes (where he's not supposed to, of course). THAT is scaring me!! She won't put up any of her little stuff, and gets furious with him when he gets her phone or the house phone. I've hit the point now where I'm just so furious, I don't know what to do. I figure part of it is just the med not in my system good, yet. I've missed a couple of days of taking it.

As to my knee and my ankle...well, it was a long shot thinking I'd be able to walk like normal, again. the bone in the leg/ankle area shifted just a little to the outside at some point during the healing process and doc said in order to fix it, he'd have to rebreak the bone and honestly, it wasn't going to do a whole lot as far as making a massive difference. My knee has started swelling again. Not good. I'm really trying to concentrate and watch my eating, but I'm not having much luck, yet.

I pray tomorrow/today is better!!!

07/20/2011 03:45 PM
Dit
Dit  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

You having to look after your grandson sounds to me like a lot of work. I totally understand your frusteration, his hands dirty just wiped not washed for days, all this definately can irritate anyone. I'm glad to hear your husband said something to your stepdaughter, this must have relieved some of the tension you were feeling.

I'm so sorry to hear about your knee and ankle, this must be soooo hard on you, my heart goes out to you, i have early stage osteo arthritis in my knees and they can be bothersome at times but what i have is nothing compared to your suffering, youare in my thoughts and prayers. I wish you a great evening.

I had a dentist apt. today, a cleaning, it felt great to go out by myself on the city bus, i listened to my mp3 player and rocked along to some awesome tunes, this brought my mood up, it was wonderful, i felt good when i got home, so much more energized. My husband brought me home a 50/50 decaf coffee from my fav coffee place, Tim Hortons, i really enjoyedi it, i just finished it, my husband really knows how to cheer me, he always cheers me when he's home. Hubby is taking the kids out for a few hrs tonight so i'm along, hoorah, i enjoy quiet time, going to just hang out, watch my fav show So You Think You Can Dance thats on at 8pm.

I hope everyone is well, wishing you all a great evening.

07/23/2011 06:13 AM
Zin

I was doing ok till I saw an old timey black truck going up my driveway just a few minutes ago. They could have been turning around, but most people don't come all the way down the drive. Makes me really nervous!!! Didn't look like they had anything in the back of the truck. We're pretty far from the road and there aren't any "neighbors" who can see down here. My biggest reason for feeling so nervous? My staffie (dog) isn't here this weekend! She's an inside dog and she looks quite a bit like a pit bull, but with a gentle temperament. However, her bark is down right frightening...scares the fool out of me everytime she sees a coon out front.

Maybe nothing, but I'm here alone, without a dog, and no car. I'm going to move out into the living room and with great paranoia keep turning around to look behind me out the windows every few seconds....It's a huge shame I can't go get my dog...(she's being boarded this weekend because we bombed the house with an anit-bug fogger...want to clean a little before she comes home and starts licking everything).

Kk...gonna run and finish my breakfast.

Hugs,

Zin

07/23/2011 10:39 PM
Zin

No worries...truck never came back. Must've just been turning around like I was thinking! I'm good!

Hugs,

Zin

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 3 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved