MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/07/2010 10:57 AM

Terrible Morning

bpiiallen
bpiiallenPosts: 16975
VIP Member

Had a terrible morning with my daughter. We asked her to clean her room and it became an all out battle. She was screaming, I ttok a trash bag into her room and began throwing things away, she threw a chair and called me stupid, she got a spanking, all the wonderfully frustrating and anxiety causing moments that happen when I ask her to do anything she doesn't want to do. Finally after all that, she cleaned what was left of the mess and came to apologize. Then I made a huge mistake and she and I went shopping. It is that old "What makes me feel better" behavior and I sent her the completley wrong message. I am so regretful and wish I could go back in time and handle things differently. To top it all off I had no support from hubby. He just sat in his chair watching tv and then fell asleep!!!!!!!! I knew a the time to try and talk to him about it would just cause a fight and that would have been too much. Even now since things have calmed down I can't talk to him because he will tell me that I over-reacted and that he wasn't going to support that. I am sure that at some level I did overeact, but that is the thin line that I have such a hard time with. I wish he had helped me before it came to that.

11/08/2010 11:41 AM
ASO1979able
ASO1979able  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Dani, I am sorry that you had such a rough time with Grace this morning, it sounds like what happens between me and my daughters any time I ask them to do anything. {{{{HUGS}}}}

11/10/2010 05:45 PM
lovespeonies
lovespeonies  
VIP Member

I agree I have gone through such similar situations before with my kids. I always wish I could go back in time and redo things. We do our best but it is hard raising kids even if we weren't bipolar and triggered.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved