MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/21/2010 01:17 PM

What the word *Ghost* means to you(page 2)

cmany
cmany  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hmmm...so I suppose that I will add my 2 cents here...

For much of it - I pretty much agree with fluffers...I do tend to lean toward wicca - however - I differ in that I do believe more in a Collective Consciousness...

I cannot see all religions being absolute - right or wrong...I believe that when it comes down to it - the idols of organized religions are actually one and the same across the board...different names, different descriptions...etc...kinda like the comparison of Greeks and Romans...

To me, the organized religion thing - well it bothers me first and foremost - nothing on a personal level - but when you look at it historically - many religions have been at the heart of some of the most cruel acts against humanity...

Not the fault of the religion itself - but the fault in man...man's interpretations, man's ego, and greed for power...etc...I guess IMO an all powerful, loving god should not condone nor accept the persecution of others...but I will end that one there....dont need to get anything heated...

But to look at religious belief - I believe that we see or feel what we feel for the organization of choice - because that is what we are comfortable with...that particular set of beliefs fits within our comfort zones - and we are able to accept...no single belief set is entirely right or wrong - just acceptable - believable thus the masses are able to have faith...

OK - to the question of Ghosts...and such...I do agree with fluffers there...

See there is the whole scientific thing about energy - it cannot be destroyed - it can only change form...everything has a frequency - an energy level per say...so why would our souls be any different...and besides what proof is there that we even have souls? Its a concept to explain our evolution over the animal kingdom...

So why would some become ghosts - not knowing that they have passed - still searching and/or waiting...does that not happen as we live as well?

So why would some become spirits - coming around when needed - do we not already do that while we live?

Now guides - I too believe that they are same as us - just without a physical form - here to teach, to guide...to help our souls grow and learn...

Angels and demons...here I split a bit - I believe each to come in 2 parts...people who have angelic souls - and those who have demonic souls...these are people who when they die - they will serve a purpose at a specific level...kinda like they have come full circle - and next they will be one to the next phase...I actually feel that guides can be a part of this as well - but I dont want to get too complicated here...kinda like when you go through school...

You have elementary, middle, HS, college...and so on teachers go up in level and knowledge...so I see guides as the same...plus it was told to me by mine years ago, that that was my destiny...to become a guide...but that's another story...

The 2nd part of Angels and Demons - IMO are the real things...these being a part of the collective consciousness have taken on a type of energy (good, evil, neutral)...and serve that side of the path...but its because of faiths, beliefs, etc that give them rise...we give them power and enable them to be a representation of the ideas of what they are and what we need them to be...

Do they need us? Yes and no...yes because we give them the influx of energy...but they would exist in and of themselves...and they/it - whatever - has existed for a long time...again back to my dark experience...what I encountered made it very clear that it was older then our organized religions...and found them to be a joke basically...

Anyway - suppose that sums it up - somehow - maybe not...IDK...but I have to run...so I have to end it there...

Christine

04/21/2010 01:59 PM
Gen1975
Gen1975  

Hello Solara,

You are so lucky to feel your mom around you at those negative times. Although I may feel things around me I never felt they were family members who have crossed... It is great to see you have an open mind!

04/21/2010 02:05 PM
DonnaLynne

ghost or spirit or angel or demon,,,,,,it's all the same, a spirit can be stuck, or evil because of an injustice, either way I have freed many a haunted house, and one prankster just didn't want to leave, but he was fun and the family loved him.

wolf

04/22/2010 01:51 PM
mem8850

I think of "Ghosts" i think in a different way....good or bad....it doesn't matter...they are simply forms that are taken by lost spirits....like when someone dies before their time....the spirit remains to finish some business.....Kind of like....BUT NOT TOTALLY like that show "ghost whisperer" that's on tv....energy cannot be destroyed only evolved or changed....which is why i believe SOME spirits stick around.....like the shadow figure at the foot of my bed.....i believe it might be the ghost of someone who molested me as a child....and died a horrid death....if he is stalking me...i am scared....he was an angry man full of mean spirit.....so that's what i think of when you say ghost...be it good or bad. Or be it someonr from beyond trying to send a message......like the micheal keatonwhatever movie where he saw images of the dead in the white noise on tv's...wish i remembered his name.

Post edited by: robert12345, at: 04/22/2010 06:00 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved