MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/07/2009 08:26 AM

CBT Cognitive Behavior Therapy?

BusyBusyMind
BusyBusyMind  

Has anyone tried CBT? My PDoc tells me this is a wonderful type of therapy for people with PPD. I've also read lots of things online about this. Anyone tried this?

01/07/2009 08:38 AM
Ele

My therapist has used CBT with me some. He really helped me to see that my paranoid thoughts were just delusions. I've enclosed a link that describes CBT and how it works.

http://www.nami.org/Template.cfm? Section=About_Treatments_and_Supports&template=/ ContentManagement/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=7952

In looking at my thinking I was able to see that I was creating things in my own mind and adapting as fact. I was having panic attacks over creations in my own mind.

Thanks, Busy for the suggestion. I didn't know the name for the therapy that my therapist had used. Now I know.

02/04/2009 03:43 PM
neondreams
neondreams  
VIP Member

I've tried CBT in the past, but never found it helpful. I'm not sure why, but I find talk therapy to be more effective in helping me deal with my delusions, auditory hallucinations and 7 different types of paranoia. If you've never tried CBT before, it certainly wouldn't hurt to give it a try.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved