MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/23/2009 07:04 AM

First Trip to Physician (medical practitioner)

DillStark
DillStark  

Hi,

It's been a while since I've posted, but I'm back! So I've been seeing a psychologist for a little over two months now and she diagnosed me with having a panic disorder a generalized anxiety disorder. She wants to start me on a treatment, but cannot prescribe medicine herself. I have been waiting well over a month to get an appointment with a medical practitioner (the liaison for medical treatment here) and will finally see one tomorrow! I was wondering if anyone has any advice about what I should expect with this visit. My psychologist told me that they would fax all of my information over and that I should describe the attacks, issues, and her diagnosis and I will likely be able to start treatment. Is there anything of which I should be aware for this visit? I appreciate your time and assistance. Thanks!

Sideways

06/24/2009 04:15 PM
Finally
Finally  

Well, I see that I am too late to offer what to expect but I do hope that it went well for you today and that you got what you where looking for.

My first visit with the GP was basically a Q and A session...

Well Wishes,

Finally

06/24/2009 05:14 PM
DillStark
DillStark  

It went fine =] It was just like Q and A. I've been set up with Zoloft. The side effects on the bottle are freaking me out a bit but I think I'll do it.

06/24/2009 05:38 PM
Mik
MikPosts: 143

Hi Dillstark,

I am on 200mg per day of Zoloft due to panic disorder. The first week or anytime they up the dose you may get a little dizzy but these symptoms should go away. Despite all the negative feedback some people give with this med. it works pretty good for me. The side effects go away and it helps with my depression associated with anxiety. Hope all goes well.

Mik

06/24/2009 07:07 PM
DillStark
DillStark  

Thanks Mik. Um... about two hours into taking it and let's say my toilet is my best fried...everything is FLYING through me! I hope this goes away!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved