MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/18/2010 08:31 PM

Buspar.

AutumnJoy
AutumnJoy  

I met with my new psychiatrist yesterday and talked for about 2 hours. She put me on a very low key dosage of 2.5 mg of Buspar. I took it for the first time last night and it seemed to help a bit. I've only taken it 3 times now and have experienced a slight blur in my vision and some drowsiness. Not too bad compared to the side affects I had with Prozac and Wellbutrin.

Anyway, I feel really comfortable with my new psychiatrist Karen. She's really awesome and I'm excited to see where this goes. I'm going to meet with her again next week for a check in. We're just gonna see how the Buspar works for me and if it doesn't help or makes things worse we'll try something else. Other than that I'm taking it day by day or shall I say moment by moment.

What are you opinions on Buspar?

Post edited by: AutumnJoy, at: 05/18/2010 08:31 PM

Post edited by: AutumnJoy, at: 05/18/2010 08:32 PM

05/18/2010 09:35 PM
jojobear
jojobear  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

That is all you really can do. Trial and error. I was put on buspar when I was in my teens. Unfortunately it just was not strong enough for my anxiety or panic attacks. After trying that and many different mood stabilizers and some anti-psychotics with no relief of my anxiety I was then prescribed a benzodiazepine.

That is just my experience. Everyone is different and I think that trying buspar first and giving it a week sounds like a great idea. It is so good to have a psychiatrist that you like and trust. It really is key for your recovery, so I am very happy you seemed to have found someone good!

Keep us posted on how the buspar works for you!

05/19/2010 04:36 AM
ray2135

Sounds like a good plan to me.

Little steps - little steps.

Big Hugs, and few chuckles, Raoul

05/20/2010 06:32 PM
catlady65
catlady65  

I'd be interested to see if buspar works for you as well. I had it prescribed back in the early nineties and I didn't think it did me any good so I stopped taking it. However, in retrospect I don't think I took it long enough to really see if it helped...

05/20/2010 07:41 PM
ray2135

Purrrr-fecttttly good plan.

05/21/2010 05:55 PM
AutumnJoy
AutumnJoy  

I think it's helping. I haven't had a full fledged panic attack in days and I'm only really anxious when I'm not being kept busy.

05/21/2010 06:03 PM
leandrat

well thats wonderful to hear sweetheart and i am glad you like your new DR it always makes your life easier when you have a dr that you like and not one you see that is kinda ok but you have a alot of "what ifs" or "i wish they were" that was important for me I love my phyc and my phyco. drs they are both really down to earth listen to me and take everything i say and work it into my getting better not just staying on meds I tell them about the self help things that i do so they lower my doesage and see how things go I hope all keeps going well for you

always in my prayers

leandra

05/20/2012 10:36 PM
JmFrazier
JmFrazier  

I was on Buspar 5yrs ago it didnt do much for me but that was the strongest they could give me since i was pregnant. I continued taking it after I had my daughter I didnt feel any change to my panic attacks. I could still drive back then I havent driven for almost 3yrs now.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved