MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/12/2012 10:42 AM

Hello I'm back

sickoffear

Hello

i am back. Been a while since I have been here but I still suffer from agoraphobia, I can leave the house but I can't drive. I also have anxiety disorder and panic disorder. My husband is currently deployed and I am working on getting through that. It's difficult being alone for it and I have no friends so it's pretty lonely and scary sometimes. I also had mild ocd which was controlled easily but it has gotten worse since he left, it doesn't control me but the panic attacks and agoraphobia do.

02/12/2012 11:41 AM
AmyGirl
AmyGirl  
VIP Member

Hey sickoffear!! I too suffer from all that you have. Minus the ocd. Well I think I have a touch of it. Like if I see a fuzzy on the floor I must pick it up. If I don't it will drive me crazy. And there are other little things besides that.

I can leave the house now but never alone. I haven't driven in years. I hope to accomplish this one day. SO maybe we can help each other out on this one here.

I am sorry you are alone and God Bless your husband for fighting for our country. Just keep posting and reading. Smile

Post edited by: AmyGirl, at: 02/12/2012 11:42 AM

05/07/2012 10:38 AM
fcbayern
fcbayern  

maybe its coming on since your husband just left . There are a lot of good people on here! Your not alone

05/07/2012 10:47 AM
PhilPhil46
PhilPhil46  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Welcome back sickoffear!

There are some useful articles here and great support.

We are here for eachother and you Smile

Sorry to hear hubbys deployed, that must be very hard for you.

Keeping busy is a good panic distraction.

Developing tools that help calm you, is essential.

With practice, you will have coping skill to combat panics.

Knowing your panic triggers can be very helpful too.

Remember panic cannot harm or kill us. I've survived 11yrs. Smile

I know they feel horrorible at the time, but there is no real danger. Take comfort in that fact.

05/07/2012 04:15 PM
mem6526

sickoffear,

05/07/2012 09:15 PM
IDoNotKnow
IDoNotKnow  
VIP Member

Welcome Back

I am so sorry you are struggling.

Keep Posting

05/07/2012 11:03 PM
frog44

Sickoffear, Welcome! You now have a bunch of buddies with you now! This is a great group! Just keep on posting Smile

05/08/2012 05:55 AM
janicepv
janicepvPosts: 3264

Sickoffear (and I do like that name!), Im sorry you're having such a hard time. I remember when my ex-husband was deployed. It was brutal on me. You dont have any children, I assume? You have found a very good place here and will have many friends, learn a lot, hopefully not feel alone so often, acquire tools you can use to help you cope. If you dont drive, is there a church or a support group nearby that you can join, and ask if one of the members can drive you back and forth? How about neighbors? I really hope we can help and by all means, keep posting.

05/08/2012 05:58 AM
janicepv
janicepvPosts: 3264

Another thought, Sickoffear, maybe now is a good time to busy yourself with a hobby. I once went to a huge blanket-making event, making no-sew blankets for soldiers. Of course, you could do it from home. Here is their website if you want to check it out. Think how proud your husband would be of you for doing something for the soldiers.

http://soldiersangels.org/blankets-of-hope.html

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved