MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/23/2012 08:07 PM

NEW MEMBERS CLICK HERE!!!!(page 24)

njhoppe
njhoppe  
Group Leader

Hi mrsdog and welcome to our family. I'm so glad you found us. I have had panic for more than 25 years and know exactly how you feel. You seem to have a form of PTSD along with your panic which is very common. I have it too.

We have all walked in your shoes and we all know how you feel. You will find alot of warm, caring people here and we are always ready to listen and share. You are not alone anymore !

Hugs,

nj

02/24/2012 07:32 AM
PhilPhil46
PhilPhil46  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hi mrsdg! Smile

Welcome to the family!

So happy you found this site. There is alot of useful information here, greate people who are ready to listen, help and support.

Your are not alone in this, we understand because we have lived it and still do on some level.

There are many tools to help cope with panic attacks. Apply them and finding out which one work best for you, in helping with the panic attacks.

Post your concerns, thoughts or worries, we are all here to learn, get support and grow together here, with the help of each other.

02/24/2012 08:36 AM
ministermom

I'm an Advocate

Hi everyone! I want to share with you some exciting experiences I have had in my life in the last two months. But first I need to do a small housekeeping detail.

I know that this is a touchy subject and I am sorry that some of you have been hurt by people who were "religious" or people who were "evangelical" but this is a forum to share support and if one of the contributing factors involves how I choose to handle my affairs, it would be remiss for me not to be completely open and honest. I am NOT trying to convert you or anyone else to my personal convictions.

As many of you know, two months ago I was told at the emergency room I was in the beginning stages of heart failure. For a few days I was unsure what to do - did I start to wrap up my affairs, did I learn how to die gracefully, did I fight it like a mad person, did I just rely on my faith to heal me? So I sought wise counsel from good friends I have had through the years. Their advice to me was: 1) Solidify what I believe and why I believe, and make sure I am being the best I can be in this area,

2)find out how to stablize the HF process if not reverse it, and 3)make the necessary lifestyle changes with joy and purpose. Finally, I had a plan. I went about quickly doing all of those things. Yesterday I had my first followup appointment and THERE ARE NO LONGER ANY INDICATIONS OF HEART FAILURE! Not only that but I have lost weight and my lungs are clear! I am no longer in heart failure.

Many of you have shared with me either on the public forum or in private messages that I was an inspiration in how I deal with my issues... and you are also one of the reasons I took a proactive approacy. Thank you!

Also many of you have shared with me that you feel overwhelmed by the physical ailments which trigger the attacks, and that you don't know what to do next. So I want to encourage you to try the following:

1) Write down your personal beliefs (note to religion haters I did not say Christianity, just your beliefs) and what you can do to make it more a part of your life.

2) Find things you can do within your limitations and how you plan to do them.

3) Become familiar with your triggers and how you can anticipate and avoid them.

4) Surround yourself with people who understand and love you unconditionally.

5) Ask then to encourage you in changing what is not working and in adding what you need to add but may face with anxiety.

It may not cure your illnesses or prevent a single attack of panic, but it WILL make you more focused and purposeful.

I hope my personal experience is helpful and leaves you hopeful, and for those who asked me to say this in the open forum "I will continue to send my thought vertically" for each of us to find life easier and fuller in the future.

Thank you each for caring for each other in your own special way!

Say, has anyone tried the Koozeball technique? Is it working for you? (This is not a paid advertisement for Koozeball nor a customer spokesperson! HEEHEE could not resist!)

OK, fsmily, I will shut up for now so take care everyone, and bless you!

Judi

03/15/2012 07:59 AM
ministermom

I'm an Advocate

Hi, Family! A friend wants to know about something I am afraid I have limited knowledge of. She has anxiety but the PCP will not give her PRN medications. Instead he wants her to take Vistaril, Effexor, Paxil or Zoloft. Could any of you tell me the pros and cons for yourself of these and I will forward the information to her? I have sent her an invitation to join the group.

03/15/2012 11:12 AM
PhilPhil46
PhilPhil46  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Joining would be a good idea.

I have only taken xanax and wellburtin. Everyone's body reacts differently to medication. And unless we go through the trial and error period hard to know what will work well for her.

03/15/2012 12:58 PM
ministermom

I'm an Advocate

thanks! I will pass it on.

03/16/2012 06:09 PM
mamatrixie
mamatrixie  

Hi my name is Marlane. I have recently become a stay at home mom with my 5 year old twins. I love it but it's super stressful. Yesterday I had a severe panic attack. Since I'd never had one before I really thought I was going insane. Horrible thoughts went through my head and I got tingly and had to go to my room and remove myself from my kids. It killed me that my daughter seen this happen. I just need reassurance. I've had some pretty intense nightmares and sleep paralysis lately and am wondering if it's all related. Lots of stress in my life right now. I have always been "the strong one" and just don't know to deal with this.

03/16/2012 06:15 PM
kildare56
kildare56  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Sometimes it's just time to take a vacation from being the strong one. It does sound like a panic attack. Before everyone explains all this to you, I want to welcome you and say that it takes courage and strength to come here. Glad you did.

03/16/2012 06:17 PM
mem6526

Hi Marlane,

Welcome to this amazing group. I am sorry that happened to you.

Are you seeing a Doctor or taking any Meds?

Just know that you are not alone and that we do understand.

Make yourself at home and post when you feel comfortable.

We do not judge and just know that you will be okay.

welcome 125

03/16/2012 06:38 PM
njhoppe
njhoppe  
Group Leader

Hi Marlane and welcome to the family here. I'm so glad you are reaching out and found us. It does sound like a panic attack but if you have not seen a doctor I would suggest you do that and get medically checked out. Once the doctor has ruled out other causes, it will put your mind at ease and you be able to find things on this site that can really help you out.

You will find alot of warm, caring people here. Just know that you are not alone.

Hugs,

nj

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 24 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved